Martone, Loreto Maria Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Martone, Loreto Maria Birth

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Numero 2. This is a long record. Iwould appreciate any help I can get with the translation.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602
Attachments
MartoneLoretoMariaBirthNumero2image1941of2289.jpg
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Martone, Loreto Maria Birth

Post by erudita74 »

This is an extract of the birth record of Loreto Maria Martone who was born in the town of Chiusano San Domenico. His father, Nunziante Martone, was age 24, and a worker. He reported that, at 7:30 P.M. on Jan 3, 1872, in the house on via Pannicara, without a number, his wife, Filomena Martone, a peasant/farmer who was living with him, gave birth to their son, Loreto Maria Martone. Both parents were natives of Frigento.

Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Erudita! That's a lot of verbiage, isn't it? I assume that it does not go into anything else?
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you, Erudita! That's a lot of verbiage, isn't it? I assume that it does not go into anything else?

Dolores
You're welcome, Dolores. I gave you the important info from the record. The birth record extract was sent to the official in Frigento from the town of birth (Chiusano San Domenico, a town also in Avellino Province), and the extract copy was then put into the registers in Frigento. BUT the Martones, natives of Frigento, were living in Chiusano at the time of the birth. There really is no other info in the record that you need for the ancestry. There are just the dates that the birth was recorded in Chiusano and the extract was received and recorded in Frigento, and the names of the town officials involved.
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks, Erudita.....that explains a lot.........
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thanks, Erudita.....that explains a lot.........

You're very welcome, Dolores. Some of these Italian records are very wordy, yet have a lot of unimportant info in them. Unfortunately, the records for this other town are not online. I checked in the hope of retrieving the original record for you.

Erudita