Church Record 1868 Translation Assistance

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lace115

Church Record 1868 Translation Assistance

Post by lace115 »

I would appreciate some assistance with the marriage document below:

Two questions:
1. What is the first (Sebastiana?) and last name (?) of Giovanni Cappello's Mother?
2. What is the annotation in the left column explaining?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linda
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Church Record 1868 Translation Assistance

Post by erudita74 »

lace115 wrote:I would appreciate some assistance with the marriage document below:

Two questions:
1. What is the first (Sebastiana?) and last name (?) of Giovanni Cappello's Mother?
2. What is the annotation in the left column explaining?

Thank you!
The mother's surname is Silluzio. The beginning of the annotation reads "this matrimony contracted under day 24 Sept 1868, and in this folio, was detected no impediments in consanguinity"- which means that they weren't blood relatives in a degree which would prevent them from marrying one another-like being first or second cousins. I know that to marry a cousin in closer degree, a dispensation was needed from Rome.

Erudita
lace115

Post by lace115 »

Thank you
Linda
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lace115 wrote:Thank you

You're very welcome, Linda.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The annotation is a little bit more elaborated.
The marriage was considered "annulled" because there were blood relationship impediments (not detected at the time of the banns). On March 26 1870 an exoneration was requested to the church, and a clearance letter from Rome arrived July 6 1871. A new marriage was then celebrated on July 10 1871
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:The annotation is a little bit more elaborated.
The marriage was considered "annulled" because there were blood relationship impediments (not detected at the time of the banns). On March 26 1870 an exoneration was requested to the church, and a clearance letter from Rome arrived July 6 1871. A new marriage was then celebrated on July 10 1871

Thanks, Livio. I did see "ideo previa dispensatione" in the next section and wondered about that.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote:

Thanks, Livio. I did see "ideo previa dispensatione" in the next section and wondered about that.
Erudita
I just noticed it was not so simple, you have to thanks my friends in the "TuttoGenealogia" forum... http://www.tuttogenealogia.it/index.php ... pic&t=7602
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:
erudita74 wrote:

Erudita
I just noticed it was not so simple, you have to thanks my friends in the "TuttoGenealogia" forum... http://www.tuttogenealogia.it/index.php ... pic&t=7602
Livio
Do you mind summarizing the info from the other website in English so it is not misunderstood? Thanks
Erudita
lace115

Post by lace115 »

Awesome information. Thank you so much.

Linda
Linda