Ripabottoni Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sharo125

Ripabottoni Italy

Post by sharo125 »

Just curious, anyone's family from Ripabottoni?

I just returned from Italy and found an archive building in Campobasso what has all the records of the Molise region and everything is in Italian but if you have someone who can interpret...
steve.sauro

Re: Ripabottoni Italy

Post by steve.sauro »

I have family from Ripabottoni!

Is there any way of reaching the archive building via online? Or mail possibly?

Feel free to contact me.

Thanks
sharo125

Post by sharo125 »

Steve. I found transcripts in Compabasso. It has been two years since I was there so I don't recall an address but it is the courthouse in Compobasso. It is the county seat.
I will see what I can come up with.

For some reason I seem to know your last name....
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Is there any way of reaching the archive building via online? Or mail possibly?
sharo125 is referring to the provincial archives located in Campobasso (no online access). Although civil records are maintained at the local level, copies are sent to the provincial archives. In fact, the LDS filmed their records at the provincial level since all of the towns were collected in one place. Thus, the civil records of Ripabottoni located in the archives were filmed by the LDS and the microfilms can be rented and viewed at their Family History Centers. Go to www.familysearch.org and follow the links Library>LibraryCatalog>PlaceSearch and type in Ripabottoni to view the film details. You can also find the nearest FHC at this website. BTW, the provincial archives contain many other records, including some very interesting old maps. Perhaps the most important of the other records are the notary records, which date back to the 1500s.
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I found transcripts in Compabasso. It has been two years since I was there so I don't recall an address but it is the courthouse in Compobasso.
The address for the archives is:

Archivio di Stato di Campobasso
Via Orefici, 43
86100 Campobasso (CB)

sharo125 _ When were you in Campobasso? I was there in October 2008. Maybe we saw each other. LOL
John Armellino
sharo125

Post by sharo125 »

Thank-you John for that information for Steve and myself as well.

I believe Steve might be related to a Guy Sauro who I had corrosponded with a few yrs back.

I was in the Campobasso area in May and part of June 2008.
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

If you need records for Ripabottoni, I can help. Let me know the name, a date and I will check out the records for you..........
Barber50

Post by Barber50 »

Hi,
I'm looking for a birthdate for my great-grandfather, Leonardo Barbieri, from Ripabottoni. I think he was born about 1849. He returned to Italy after his wife, Francesca del Vecchio, died. She was born 20 Dec 1844 and died 5 Apr 1918. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
katiewilson

Post by katiewilson »

I have del Vecchio relatives from Ripabottoni! Same time frame!!! Could we be cousins??? :)

My great-grandfather was born November 1875.