Sebastiano Giuseppe La Pira (Latin marriage)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
erudita74
Master
Master

Sebastiano Giuseppe La Pira (Latin marriage)

Post by erudita74 »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 5:53696701

the record is at the bottom right-

what is the word, which is written with the superscript at the end of it, which immediately follows the groom's surname, La Pira, in the record?
Thanks.

Erudita
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Sebastiano Giuseppe La Pira (Latin marriage)

Post by Italysearcher »

It looks to me like there are several 'frazione' in the area and the words Tré followed by a word that would seem to be the name of the town/village/frazione. Without knowing the area I can't know if I'm right, but you should.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Erudita, the word is Terrae, followed by the name of the town, Ferulae (i believe the name now is Ferla, Siracusa province)
In the record you can also find Terrae Sortini (Sortino).
So, Giuseppe La Pira was from the town of Ferla

Thanks to Ann Tatangelo for the clue!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:Erudita, the word is Terrae, followed by the name of the town, Ferulae (i believe the name now is Ferla, Siracusa province)
In the record you can also find Terrae Sortini (Sortino).
So, Giuseppe La Pira was from the town of Ferla

Thanks to Ann Tatangelo for the clue!
Thanks, Ann and Livio, but you both have looked in the wrong place in the document. l already know that the family is from Ferla in Siracusa Province, Sicily, which is not far from the town of Sortino, and can decipher those words in the record. In the record, there is the priest Michele La Pira from Ferla and also the groom Sebastiano Giuseppe from Ferla. I am looking at the word after the groom's surname in the record which precedes his place of origin, or which precedes the abbreviation Tre' . It has the letters up in the air. I am also wondering if it could be an abbreviation for two words. I know that in Latin there is a word "oriundus/oriunda" which means "originating from," but the word in this record does not look like an abbreviation for that word. I assume though that it's an abbreviation for a word with a similar meaning. I do appreciate your efforts though.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I read "supradictus"????
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:I read "supradictus"????

Thanks, Livio. You may be right. I should have mentioned that I was considering that word as well, but just wasn't sure about it.

Erudita