MESSINA MARRIAGE RECORD

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

MESSINA MARRIAGE RECORD

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

LOOKING FOR A POSSIBLE MARRIAGE RECORD FOR FRANCESCO BONARRIGO-MOST LIKELY IN GUALTIERI SICAMINO-CA.1865-1875.HE WAS BORN IN GUALTIERI SICAMINO IN 1845,SON OF DOMENICO AND MATTIA RULIGO(?)SO I'M GUESSING HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETWEEN 20 AND 30 WHEN HE MARRIED.FINDING THIS MARRIAGE MAY PROVIDE MORE NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR HIS PARENTS,WHICH I NEED.ANY INFORMATION OR SUGGESTIONS AS TO FINDING THIS RECORD WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED.THANKS
carubia
Master
Master

Re: MESSINA MARRIAGE RECORD

Post by carubia »

There was someone with probably the same name (the surname is not entirely clear) in Gaultieri Sicamino's marr record #7 in 1865, but the parents' names are completely different: Francesco and Francesca.

I just checked the record and saw that this Francesco Banarrigo was 31 in 1865, so it's not our man. Perhaps a cousin.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

There are Gualtieri Sicaminò records online at FamilySearch.org between 1866 and 1910. (They are found in the "Italy, Messina, Messina, Civil registration (Tribunale)" collection.) Why don't you look through that collection?

Records before 1866 are found in a different collection and also online at the state archives (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it). However, I have already searched 1865 marr records.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm familiar with all of this-the lds online films which cover the years after 1865 and the antenati records which cover the pre 1866 years.been there and done that.thanks
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

You searched the films after 1865 and still couldn't find the record? Are any years missing in the marriage and marriage publication files?
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

in searching the lds films for these italian civil records,at least in this area,i find that there are few indexed years.this makes searching very difficult,as without indexes you need to go through the whole year.it would have been much easier with indexes.i'm not even sure this subject lived to marriage age,or if he did,married in his hometown of gualtieri sicamino.could have been in one of many other surrounding comuni if his bride was from one of them.my only guess would be as to the time period.as he was born in 1845,its reasonable to assume he would have married ca.1865-1875
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

He could been married well after 1875. It wasn't that unusual for a man to marry for the first time in his mid-30s, even 40.