Rosa Catalano di Francesco document

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Rosa Catalano di Francesco document

Post by lilbees »

Can someone read through this document from the Allegati. It concerns Rosa Catalano. I am not sure if it is a death or what.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 683939.jpg

Really appreciate any help.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Rosa Catalano di Francesco document

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Can someone read through this document from the Allegati. It concerns Rosa Catalano. I am not sure if it is a death or what.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 683939.jpg

Really appreciate any help.

lilbees
This is a record that was produced by the mental hospital, or mental institution, of Palermo, at the request of the mayor of Lercara, certifying to that official (the mayor) in Lercara that Rosa Catalano of Francesco Catalano and Caterina Magno, who had been born on March 21, 1861 in Lercara, was admitted to this mental hospital on July 16,1893 because she was affected by hallucinations (not 100% on this reason). The present act was relinquished on free paper (did not have an official stamp on it) and was dated on Nov 8, 1909. It was for use by the civil state of Lercara.

Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Erudita. I can certainly understand why she was in that hospital. She had nine children each year following marriage. At least that is how many I found. I couldn't remember what I had learned from that document. I have printed your explanation and attached it to the document copy. Very helpful.

Once again, thank you.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Thanks Erudita. I can certainly understand why she was in that hospital. She had nine children each year following marriage. At least that is how many I found. I couldn't remember what I had learned from that document. I have printed your explanation and attached it to the document copy. Very helpful.

Once again, thank you.
lilbees

You're very welcome, libees. Have never seen one of the documents before.

Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Good morning. In wondering through the Allegati I have come across a lot of strange stuff. If it relates to a family member I save it to a miscellaneous document folder. Every once in a while, like now, I go back and try to make sense of them. Sometimes I figure it out and sometimes not. If I feel it contains some important information I can't make out I try to post it on IG.

Time usually helps to make sense of many of them.

lilbees
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I'm glad you took the time to post this document. In all of my years of doing this kind of research, I had never before come across such a document.
Erudita