Cipriano, Rosaria Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Cipriano, Rosaria Birth

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Numero 93 for a translation please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Cipriano, Rosaria Birth

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Numero 93 for a translation please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602

Dated Oct 17, 1873 at 9 a.m. in the town hall of Frigento. Appearing was Vitantonio Ciampi, son of dec Saverio, age 31, peasant/farmer in the town. He reported that on the 16th, at 4 P.M. in the rural house located on this estate (farm) on Contrada Cerri Capanna, his wife Rosa Cipriano, who was living with him, and who was the dau of dec Marciano Cirpiano, gave birth to their daughter whom he was presenting and to whom was being given the name Rosaria. Witnesses were Marciano Cipriano, the 44 year old son of Pasquale Cipriano, and Michelangelo Cipriano, the 21 year old son of the same person, both peasants living in Frigento.
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Erudita, another one added.............:)
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you, Erudita, another one added.............:)
That's really great, Dolores. You're very welcome.
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

:)
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Erudita, I am now confused, why does Rosaria have a last name of Cipriano while her father is Vitantonio Ciampi? Is it an error on the birth record? :?
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Dolores, yes you are correct there is an error in this record. I started to translate it for you the other day and could see there was something wrong with it but was very tired at the time, after doing my own research, so decided to leave it for someone more experienced to ponder. I think that it should be Rosaria Ciampi. (I am pretty sure the couple are Vitantonio Ciampi and Rosa Cipriano - aren't they?)

Angela :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Good catch, Dolores. Obviously I was really tired when I translated this record. The surname of Rosaria should be Ciampi. The surname in the margin should be an error. I would think that there would be a correction to the surname, possibly in a marriage record of hers, so keep your eyes open for that.

Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Yes, Angela, the parents I believe are Vitantonia Ciampi and Rosa Cipriano. I was entering the birth record on my tree and then I saw that the surname on the record was Cipriano and not Ciampi. I have soooooooo many Cipriano and Ciampi, I don't know how I caught it.
Rosaria Ciampi died on 15 September 1874, if this is correct, but I have not found a marriage record yet, Erudita. These people are going to drive me crazy! :lol:
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Yes, Angela, the parents I believe are Vitantonia Ciampi and Rosa Cipriano. I was entering the birth record on my tree and then I saw that the surname on the record was Cipriano and not Ciampi. I have soooooooo many Cipriano and Ciampi, I don't know how I caught it.
Rosaria Ciampi died on 15 September 1874, if this is correct, but I have not found a marriage record yet, Erudita. These people are going to drive me crazy! :lol:

I see that Rosaria Ciampi died at 11 months in Sept of 1874, so the birth record in 1873 should be hers. I don't see anything in the death record either about an error concerning the surname in the margin of the birth record. So, since she died as a baby, there is no need to search for a marriage record. It is what it is; obviously a clerical error on the part of the town clerk who prepared the birth record.

Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Erudita, I didn't even consider the age of 11 months when you said to keep an eye out for her marriage record......yikes...........sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees! :)
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Erudita, I didn't even consider the age of 11 months when you said to keep an eye out for her marriage record......yikes...........sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees! :)

Sometimes I can't either, especially when I'm as tired as I am right now!
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

:)
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Yes, Angela, the parents I believe are Vitantonia Ciampi and Rosa Cipriano. I was entering the birth record on my tree and then I saw that the surname on the record was Cipriano and not Ciampi. I have soooooooo many Cipriano and Ciampi, I don't know how I caught it.
Great spotting Dolores. (Yes, it becomes very complex after while, especially when surnames and Christian names are so repetitive.)

Angela