DiLallo's from Petrella Tifernina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kdelallo

Re: DiLallo's from Petrella Tifernina

Post by kdelallo »

Hi My name is Kimberly...

My Great Grandpa's name was Nicola Dilallo... He married Teresa Pollice in Italy in the early 1900's.

Nicola DiLallo came to America on the "Sant' Anna" in October 1910.
Teresa (Pollice) DiLallo came to America on the "Duca Degli Abruzzi" in May 1911 (she came over with her married name) (she came over with her brother Nicola Pollice)

There last name was switched to DeLallo at some point. (My grandfathers last name on both his birth and baptism certificate is DiLallo - however we are all DeLallo's now)

They resided in Solvey, NY and had 5 children together, 3 boys and 2 girls. (Leo, Michael, Paul and Grace & Josephine)

My grandfather, Michael, passed a year and a half ago... I was married recently and am headed to Italy on my honeymoon this summer. I am hoping to track down any living family members or at least see the town they grew up in.

I know that both Nicola and Teresa (my great-grandparents) were from the Province Campobasso.

Teresa - Santa Croce Magliano
Nicola - Petrella Tifernina

Any help would be so much appreciated!!! Thank you
ItalianOrigins

Post by ItalianOrigins »

Hello Kimberly! My parents-in-law live in Santa Croce di Magliano. There is still one Pollice family living in the town, they may be the descendants of Teresa. I don't know them in person but the town is very small and everyone knows each other so I may be able to find it out. Same thing for Petrella Tifernina;if you have your grandparents birth record,it would make things easier for the research. When are you coming to Italy?
Genealogy Tours and Family History researches throughout Italy
http://www.southernitalytravel.com/en/P ... logy-Tours
Reviews: http://www.southernitalytravel.com/reviews
Chris Camino

Post by Chris Camino »

Hi I am Christine Camino Altizer I am in Baltimore, my family comes from Richieville, Pa and Brownsville Pa area. I am trying to find out where in Italy our family is from. My father thought we were from Northern Italy that's about all I have to go on...

My Father Richard Louis Camino brother Larry Camino
Grandfather Louis Camino lived Richieville Pa married/divorced Shirley Radcliffe? Then Vivian
Great Grandfather Joseph Camino Had bakery in Brownsville, Pa. He came from Italy by way of Florence in 1870's. The story goes that his bakery became successful and wrote home to find a wife to do a the numbers (accountant) her name was Mary... I recall visiting a relative named Georgie, she was an Aunt? Of my fathers. We also had an Aunt Boots in the family ...

Please contact me if this rings a bell cmca1@Verizon.net
lacamino

Post by lacamino »

Hi
My Great Grandfather was Guisippe I guess your grandfathers brother. I would love to learn anything you know. My Dad's (Richard L) family is from Brownsville Pa. I am anxious to hear about your trip to Petrella.

Lisa Camino (Alcorn)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Petrella Tifernina only has a population of 1200 people so maybe during your current visit there in September you might speak with the anagrafe/Stato Civile office about anyone who might be considering doing an entire village research by families if Stato di Famiglia ( If family certificates were maintained with each family being identified by the head of family) or by recording parish church records as they relate to baptisms, marriages or deaths. It would be an interesting project. Peter
~Peter~
rcdilallo

Post by rcdilallo »

Hi, my name is Raffaele Di Lallo and my family is from Petrella Tifernina. I was born and raised in Ohio, but everyone one else in my family was born in Italy. I made a family tree in high school and I went back 4 generations of Di Lallos. My father, Nicola Di Lallo, just passed away. His father was Antonio Di Lallo. Antonio's father was Michele Di Lallo. And Michele's father was Donato Di Lallo.

My father, Nicola Di Lallo, had a brother. He also passed away years ago and had a daughter, Mariateresa Di Lallo. She is my first cousin and I've never spoken to her. We connected with each other on Facebook and we plan on talking soon.

I've been trying to expand my family tree and find more family connections.
MFamilyTree389

Post by MFamilyTree389 »

Hello! My grandmother's name was Anna Jennie Camino. Her father's name was Antonio Joseph Camino born 13 Jun 1897, died 23 Dec 1944. (Married Albina Lucca). They lived in Schenectady, NY. Antonio's father's name was Michael Angelo Camino (Married Anna "Feda" or "Fete") from Campobasso, Italy. I have a high DNA match to another Camino online who is from Petrella Tifernina, Italy. If any of these names ring a bell, I would greatly appreciate help with my family tree. Thanks!