Processeti Giacomina Abiuso Marriage#2

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Processeti Giacomina Abiuso Marriage#2

Post by scraig32 »

Hello all- I found the processeti for one of my great grandmothers and her second husband. I am only interested at this time in the information concerning the bride- Giacomina Abiuso, and her side of the family. I have done much of the translation but am needing an extra set of eyes to make sure I have gotten everything correct or haven't missed anything important. Thank you thank you for your time!! Suzanne

Image 427- Birth of the bride- Giacomina Abiuso- March 1, 1777. Father Cipriano Abiuso and mother Donata Bozzi.

Image 432- Death of father of the bride- Died July 3, 1801. Cipriano Abiuso, husband of Donata Bozzi. Age 58? Father Domenico Abiuso and mother Brigida Ciocca (were they alive at time of his death?)

Image 433- Death of mother of the bride- died October 13, 1803- Donata Bozzi (or Bozza?) wife of Cipriano Abiuso. Father Domenico Bozzi and mother Antonia Moffa (Motta?) age 56? died in own home.

Image 434 - Death of paternal Grandfather of the bride- Domenico Abiuso died September 12, 1774, age 57? Father Francesco Abiuso and mother Domenica Lapalucci.

Image 435- Death of first husband of the bride- Giuseppe Bartolomeo- age 60, August 1, 1835. Born in Flora San Martino, profession?, lived in Riccia. Father is deceased Berardino, same profession and mother is deceased Rosa di Giangio ? Married to Giacomina Abiuso.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Processeti Giacomina Abiuso Marriage#2

Post by erudita74 »

scraig32 wrote:Hello all- I found the processeti for one of my great grandmothers and her second husband. I am only interested at this time in the information concerning the bride- Giacomina Abiuso, and her side of the family. I have done much of the translation but am needing an extra set of eyes to make sure I have gotten everything correct or haven't missed anything important. Thank you thank you for your time!! Suzanne

Image 427- Birth of the bride- Giacomina Abiuso- March 1, 1777. Father Cipriano Abiuso and mother Donata Bozzi.-technically this is a baptism record and not a birth act, although the baptism record does state that she was born at 6 P.M. of the current day.

Image 432- Death of father of the bride- Died July 3, 1801. Cipriano Abiuso, husband of Donata Bozzi. Age 58 yes? Father Domenico Abiuso and mother Brigida Ciocca (were they alive at time of his death?) both parents were already deceased

Image 433- Death of mother of the bride- died October 13, 1803- Donata Bozzi (or Bozza?) wife of Cipriano Abiuso. Father Domenico Bozzi and mother Antonia Moffa ) age 56 yes died in own home.

Image 434 - Death of paternal Grandfather of the bride- Domenico Abiuso died September 12, 1774, age 57 yes? Father Francesco Abiuso and mother Domenica Lapalucci. (both parents were deceased)

Image 435- Death of first husband of the bride- Giuseppe Bartolomeo- age 60, August 1, 1835. Born in Fara San Martino, profession scardassiere[-wool carder, lived in Riccia. Father is deceased Berardino, same profession and mother is deceased Rosa di Giangio ? Married to Giacomina Abiuso.

scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Thank you Erudita! That was a lot of stuff for you to look at and I appreciate your time and effort so very very much. Thank you, Suzanne
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

scraig32 wrote:Thank you Erudita! That was a lot of stuff for you to look at and I appreciate your time and effort so very very much. Thank you, Suzanne

Hi Suzanne
You're doing really well deciphering these records. Keep up the good work.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:
scraig32 wrote:Hello all- I found the processeti for one of my great grandmothers and her second husband. I am only interested at this time in the information concerning the bride- Giacomina Abiuso, and her side of the family. I have done much of the translation but am needing an extra set of eyes to make sure I have gotten everything correct or haven't missed anything important. Thank you thank you for your time!! Suzanne

Image 427- Birth of the bride- Giacomina Abiuso- March 1, 1777. Father Cipriano Abiuso and mother Donata Bozzi.-technically this is a baptism record and not a birth act, although the baptism record does state that she was born at 6 P.M. of the current day.

Image 432- Death of father of the bride- Died July 3, 1801. Cipriano Abiuso, husband of Donata Bozzi. Age 58 yes? Father Domenico Abiuso and mother Brigida Ciocca (were they alive at time of his death?) both parents were already deceased

Image 433- Death of mother of the bride- died October 13, 1803- Donata Bozzi (or Bozza?) wife of Cipriano Abiuso. Father Domenico Bozzi and mother Antonia Moffa ) age 56 yes died in own home.

Image 434 - Death of paternal Grandfather of the bride- Domenico Abiuso died September 12, 1774, age 57 yes? Father Francesco Abiuso and mother Domenica Lapalucci. (both parents were deceased[/color

Image 435- Death of first husband of the bride- Giuseppe Bartolomeo- age 60, August 1, 1835. Born in Fara San Martino, profession scardassiere[-wool carder, lived in Riccia. Father is deceased Berardino, same profession and mother is deceased Rosa di Giangio ? Married to Giacomina Abiuso.

Susanne, Domenica's surname looks like Iapalucci rather than Lapalucci? What says you?

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I agree with Angela. It is iapalucci (i and not an ell at the beg of the surname). The surname still exists in Riccia.

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Erudita

Re: the Baptism Record (Image 447) - I'm sure I read "La commadre e stata Giovanna Sedati". Could this be saying "The Godmother was Giovanna Sedati"? I couldn't find this word for Godmother exactly - madrina? In our town we called our Godparents Comara and Compara.

(I actually looked at these translations yesterday, typed them up and then somehow lost them!!!. That was a first. I'm always very careful.)

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi Erudita

Re: the Baptism Record (Image 447) - I'm sure I read "La commadre e stata Giovanna Sedati". Could this be saying "The Godmother was Giovanna Sedati"? I couldn't find this word for Godmother exactly - madrina? In our town we called our Godparents Comara and Compara.

(I actually looked at these translations yesterday, typed them up and then somehow lost them!!!. That was a first. I'm always very careful.)

Angela
Baptism image is 427 and not 447. Here's a link to a dictionary which shows commadre as a variant spelling. Giovanna was the baby's godmother.

http://www.grandidizionari.it/Dizionari ... ery=comare

Here's another dictionary which shows the variations in spelling

http://www.dizionario.org/d/?pageurl=comare

Erudita
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

oh wow! Thank you both!!!! This takes so much time to translate and again, I really appreciate you for helping me out.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

scraig32 wrote:oh wow! Thank you both!!!! This takes so much time to translate and again, I really appreciate you for helping me out.
Hi Suzanne
Always happy to help, especially when someone like you comes along who is anxious to learn to decipher the records herself.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi Erudita

Angela
Baptism image is 427 and not 447. Here's a link to a dictionary which shows commadre as a variant spelling. Giovanna was the baby's godmother.

http://www.grandidizionari.it/Dizionari ... ery=comare

Here's another dictionary which shows the variations in spelling

http://www.dizionario.org/d/?pageurl=comare

Erudita
Great! Yes, I thought it was Giacomina's (the baby's) Godmother but just needed verification because the spelling was a new one for me personally. Thank you for pulling out those two Dictionary Links as well. Apologies if I misled you on the Image No – I should have rechecked this.

Just one more question (ofcourse!) re the Latin abbreviation “qqm” which I see on these records which I understand to mean “deceased”. Does it follow that if “qm” had preceded the names of the parents it would have meant that only the father was deceased but because “qqm” was written it meant that both parents had died. In other words is “qm” singular and “qqm” plural???? I've never studied Latin so would appreciate clarification. I may be completely wrong on this but would like to know eitherway. Thank you for any help Eruidta.

Angela

Suzanne, you are very welcome for the help. You are doing really well with the translations. Keep going with it. We are all at different stages, we all at times struggle with things we can't read or don't understand, and we all need encouragement along the way. It is encouraging that you appreciate the time and value the effort that volunteers here at IG put into helping others with translations, researching and other matters. THANK YOU!

Angela
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

"Just one more question (ofcourse!) re the Latin abbreviation “qqm” which I see on these records which I understand to mean “deceased”. Does it follow that if “qm” had preceded the names of the parents it would have meant that only the father was deceased but because “qqm” was written it meant that both parents had died. In other words is “qm” singular and “qqm” plural???? I've never studied Latin so would appreciate clarification. I may be completely wrong on this but would like to know eitherway." Thank you for any help Eruidta.

Angela
I recently found on some website, which I now can't seem to locate, that the double letter did, in fact, pluralize the word. Normally the abbreviation for the Latin word "quondam" is a single q with the letter m up in the air, or the letter m written as what is called a superscript. In this case, the double q preceding the m which is up in the air would make the word plural and indicate that both individuals, whose names followed the abbreviation, were deceased. Of course. although I did study Latin many many years ago, this was never part of my course of study. I'm just learning these things since I started dealing with these Latin church records.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:"Just one more question (ofcourse!) re the Latin abbreviation “qqm” which I see on these records which I understand to mean “deceased”. Does it follow that if “qm” had preceded the names of the parents it would have meant that only the father was deceased but because “qqm” was written it meant that both parents had died. In other words is “qm” singular and “qqm” plural???? I've never studied Latin so would appreciate clarification. I may be completely wrong on this but would like to know eitherway." Thank you for any help Eruidta.

Angela
I recently found on some website, which I now can't seem to locate, that the double letter did, in fact, pluralize the word. Normally the abbreviation for the Latin word "quondam" is a single q with the letter m up in the air, or the letter m written as what is called a superscript. In this case, the double q preceding the m which is up in the air would make the word plural and indicate that both individuals, whose names followed the abbreviation, were deceased. Of course. although I did study Latin many many years ago, this was never part of my course of study. I'm just learning these things since I started dealing with these Latin church records.
Erudita
Thank you for taking the time to confirm this for me Erudita. I really appreciate it. When I first starting learning to read Italian records for myself early last year I kept a notebook of Italian words specific to Italian records. I can see that I will have to start doing the same for Latin words now. We never stop learning do we - SO EXCITING! :D

Thank you again.
Angela