Translating a Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Translating a Birth Record

Post by demari18 »

I have just found what I believe is the birth record for my husband's grandfather's sister. Getting the birth record translated would be a great help to me. I found the record at Ancestry - Atti di Nascita - 1891 - Caserta - Teano - Page 14/219 - Number 36 - DeTora, Maria Giovanna. Thank you for your help!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Translating a Birth Record

Post by PeterTimber »

Italian birth records are very standardized and can be easily translated by seeing birth records inboth English and Italian in the genealogy book ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read and something of a life long reference book about info on your family genealogy. Its an easy read book which you can obtain at the library nearest your
home or purchase at a bookstore.
~Peter~
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

While you’re waiting to get your hands on a copy of Cole's book suggested by Peter-

Here's the record from familysearch.org

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349539201

Dated Jan 16, 1891 at 9:20 a.m. in Teano. Appearing was Andrea De Tora, age 42, day laborer living in Casale. He reported that at 9 P.M. on the 15th, in the house at #10 via Tora, his wife, Marta Visone (sp?), a day laborer living with him, gave birth to a female infant whom he was presenting and to whom was being given the name Maria Giovanna. Witnesses were Ufficiale De Tora, age 50, day laboer, and Ignazio De Tora, age 40, same occupation. The document was only signed by town official, Giuseppe Cipriano, as the declarant and witnesses were illiterate.

Erudita
spectrumjo

Post by spectrumjo »

hi, can someone tell me how to start a new post in this forum please?
thanks everyone :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

spectrumjo wrote:hi, can someone tell me how to start a new post in this forum please?
thanks everyone :)
Just click on "New Topic" box top left. It is in red under "Italian Genealogy".

Angela :)