Sava in Lecce??

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DebbisTree

Sava in Lecce??

Post by DebbisTree »

I am looking at a very fuzzy copy of a draft reg from 1917. It APPEARS to say he is from Sava, Lecce.... in my searches I cannot find those two areas together! I also can't find anything similar in combo....

I always heard they were from abruzzo so at first I was confused... but there is a Lecce nei Marsi that is different, and is in abruzzo...

but does anyone know about Sava? I am waiting for a better copy in the meantime.... but that might take some time....

thanks...
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Sava in Lecce??

Post by ricbru »

Hello
these are the only two places called Sava in Italy

Sava - comune: Baronissi - province: Salerno - region: Campania
Sava - comune: Sava - province: Taranto - region: Puglia

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
vdaurelio

Post by vdaurelio »

Hello Debbis,
Sava is near Lecce (Puglia) but the province is Taranto. This mistake is frequently because Sava is near Nardò (Lecce provincia) on the Avetrana road. Ok? Sorry for my english. Bye Bye : Vincenzo
DebbisTree

Post by DebbisTree »

Thank you Vincenzo! I haven't come to this page for a long time. This helped me a lot!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sava is a great place for anyone interested in excellent tomatoes, beautiful countryside and offers a great vacation retreat too. Peter
~Peter~
magluck

Post by magluck »

hi,
i live in a town called Martina Franca in the province of Taranto and Sava in near Martina Franca (about 40km.)
Sava is famous for its excellent red wine.
in summer we often go through sava to reach the sea
next time i go there, i'll say "ciao" for you

bye maria
p.s. sorry for my english
ManciniMarc7

Post by ManciniMarc7 »

I know this is a really old post but I also had the same question. I have my grandfathers Italian passport and it listed "residente a Sava, in provincia di Lecce". Since this is a government issued document, I figured it had to be legitimate.

the best I could determine is the names/geographical areas of the provinces changed several times over the centuries. Especially considering the Risorgimento was only a couple decades prior to the passport being issued (May 1891).

But I'm 99% sure that it is the same Sava that is now listed in the province of Taranto in Apuglia.