Looking for G Grandparents Antonio Columbo & Maria Porazzor

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mcolumboscagnoli

Looking for G Grandparents Antonio Columbo & Maria Porazzor

Post by mcolumboscagnoli »

My Great Grandparents were both born I believe in Bonefro antonio columbo and Maria Porazzo. If anyone has any info out there it may help me to find more on ancestry. Thanks.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for G Grandparents Antonio Columbo & Maria Poraz

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you provide a few details?
Approx. years of birth, or year of marriage?
Place of marriage?
Where in USA they settled if they emigrated?

Here is a POSSIBLE marriage act for Antonio Columba and Maria Teresa Porrazzo in Bonefro in 1880.
#34 dated 23 December 1880
Antonio is a 24 year old peasant farmer, the son of living Luigi and living Candida Porrazzo.
Maria Teresa is a 20 year old peasant farmer, the daughter of living Giuseppantonio, and of Eufemia Fantelli.
They all reside in Bonefro, with the exception of the bride's father who resides in Civita Castellano
Right side of image. Put the cursive over the page and it will magnify.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi T
I think this is the marriage record of Antonio Columba and Maria Carmela Porrazzo
INDEX#17
1890 Feb 22nd in the town of Bonefro marriage of Antonio Columba age 26 farmer born in Bonefro son of deceased Michelangelo Columba and deceased Arcangiola Primiano married to Maria Carmela Porrazzo age 29 born in Bonefro daughter of Silverio Porrazzo and deceased Carmine Marso
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Michelangelo Columba
INDEX#13
1891 Jan 28th in the town of Bonefro birth of Michelangelo Columba son of Antonio Columba age 28 farmer and Maria Carmela Porrazzo
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Antonio Columba
INDEX#53
1863 Mar 24th in the town of Bonefro birth of Antonio Columba son of Michelangelo Columba age 46 farmer(son of deceased Nicolantonio Columba) and Arcangiola Primiano age 42
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Michelangelo Columba and Arcangiola Primiano
INDEX#10
1841 Feb 11th in the town of Bonefro marriage of Michelangelo Columba age 25 farmer born in Bonefro son of Nicolantonio Columba and deceased Donatantonia Perrotta married to Arcangiola Primiano age 20 born in Bonefro daughter of deceased Michele Primiano and Giuseppa di Marzo
They were married in the church of S. MARIA DELLE ROSE
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Marty :-D

Yes, I saw those records, but without some approx. dates from the poster we are just "fishing."

Hope poster takes a look and confirms one or more of our records. :-D

T.
mcolumboscagnoli

Marty and T. You are both amazing in how fast you find this information. My mother's grandfather was Michelangelo Columbo born 1891 his father Antonio was born 1864 his wife Maria was born 1861 That is what I had so it looks like you found my Great Grandfathers birth record. They came to the US and settled in Dedham, MA. I have not gone through all that you both found yet just getting online now. Joan
mcolumboscagnoli

Thank you to all who helped find my grandfathers records. I was wondering where I might find my great great grandmothers birth record Maria Carmella Porazzo I believe she was born in Bonefro in 1861 Also looking for my great grandmother Maria Philamena Lupo born in 1895 in Bonefro.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Maria Filomena Lupo
Index#67
1894 April 28th in the town of Bonefro birth of Maria Filomena Lupo daughter of Giuseppe Lupo age 38 cabinetmaker and his wife Antonia Lolli

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Maria Carmella Porazzo
Index#22
1861 Feb 10 in the town of Bonefro birth of Maria Carmella Porazzo daughter of Silverio Porrazzo age 28 farmer (son of Francesco Porazzo) and his wife Carmine Marzo age 27

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
mcolumboscagnoli

Thank you again! If we wanted to get an official copy of these records do you happen to know how to go about that?

Thank you,
Joan
mcolumboscagnoli

Re: Looking for Great Grandparents and siblings

I was wondering if there is an easy way to find the siblings of my grandparents in Italy. I did find my great grandmother Marie Filemina Lupo's siblings came to the US with their parents Guissepe Lupo and Antonia Lalli for example I am trying to find Dominico Lupo born 1887 approx and my great aunt Rosie Lupo she was born Jan 2 1903 in Bonefro. I know other siblings were Antonio 1883, Francesco 1893 and Luigi 1897. I was hoping to find their dates of birth. I am assuming they were all in Bonefro. Was there any type of census taking in Italy? Thanks for the help again.
Joan