Stanco, Nunzio Death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Stanco, Nunzio Death

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Numero 8 for a translation please.
Attachments
StancoNunzioDeathNumero8image885.jpg
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death Record No 8: Nunzio Stanco
Dated: 28 January 1877, 10.25 am, Frigento.
Donato di Rienzo, 27, landowner and Vito Capobianco, 31, landowner, both living in Frigento declared that at 4.30 am today at Contrada Mattine #17, Nunzio Stanco, aged 2, farmer, born and residing in Frigento died. She was the daughter of Angelo Michele Stanco and Loreta Capobianco, both farmers living in Frigento. She was Celibe (unmarried).

Angela :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Death Record No 8: Nunzio Stanco
Donato di Rienzo, 27, landowner and Vito Capobianco, 31, landowner, both living in Frigento declared that at 4.30 am today at Contrada Mattine #17, Nunzio Stanco, aged 2, farmer, born and residing in Frigento died. She was the daughter of Angelo Michele Stanco and Loreta Capobianco, both farmers living in Frigento. She was Celibe (unmarried).

HE was the SON of Angelo Michele... and HE was unmarried :-)

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Tessa78 wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Death Record No 8: Nunzio Stanco

HE was the SON of Angelo Michele... and HE was unmarried :-)

T.
Whoops! :oops: I've got way too much on my mind at the moment. Thank you for the backup Tessa :D

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you both Angela and Tessa. I was just about to ask why a female would have an "o" at the end of the name........
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you both Angela and Tessa. I was just about to ask why a female would have an "o" at the end of the name........
You are welcome Dolores. (That would've been an excellent question :wink: )
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

:P
Grazie,

Dolores
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter
~Peter~
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks, Peter, this Nunzio was a male.
Grazie,

Dolores
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Thanks for reminding me that half the people are below average and 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot! Thanks Peter
~Peter~
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

PeterTimber wrote:This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter
:) Peter, I just don't think my brain was completely engaged when I typed this up yesterday! I am so surprised that I didn't even pick up on my error when I typed "She" was "celibe". Oh dear!
Anyway, it was definitely a little boy as Dolores has confirmed.
Angela :D
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

:lol:
Grazie,

Dolores
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
PeterTimber wrote:This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter
:) Peter, I just don't think my brain was completely engaged when I typed this up yesterday! I am so surprised that I didn't even pick up on my error when I typed "She" was "celibe". Oh dear!
Anyway, it was definitely a little boy as Dolores has confirmed.
Angela :D
Angela, I did find documents where "celibe" was used also for females :roll: .
BTW Nunzio is definitely masculine.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote: Angela, I did find documents where "celibe" was used also for females :roll: .
BTW Nunzio is definitely masculine.
Nubile and Celibe when used as adjectives can each refer to either gender but when used as nouns nubile is female and celibe is male. Is that correct or not?

(Interesting, if you look at the lower right hand corner of the above record it says at 3. “se vedovo or marito, se vedova o moglie” and then it says “ovvero se celibe” (or if unmarried). It doesn't include “se nubile”? I've only just noticed this.)
Angela
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Nowadays, in Italian Nubile is always referred to a woman, and Celibe to a man, however in the past, some times they used celibe also for women.