Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sunniedays

Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?

Post by sunniedays »

Hi all. Can anyone clarify what exactly the Stato di Famiglia is and do I request it through the Stato Civile? Also, can anyone tell me if Monte San Savino in Arezzo has any of it's Records on-line? I think I checked properly through FamilySearch and could not find any records but I want to be sure.
I have my grandfather's birthdate, his parent's names and I'm trying to figure out the best way to find out how many brothers and sisters he had..the best I can figure is that I need the Stato di Famiglia which seems like it would provide the information I need? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?

Post by TerraLavoro »

sunniedays wrote:Hi all. Can anyone clarify what exactly the Stato di Famiglia is and do I request it through the Stato Civile? YES. Also, can anyone tell me if Monte San Savino in Arezzo has any of it's Records on-line? NO I think I checked properly through FamilySearch and could not find any records but I want to be sure.
I have my grandfather's birthdate, his parent's names and I'm trying to figure out the best way to find out how many brothers and sisters he had..the best I can figure is that I need the Stato di Famiglia which seems like it would provide the information I need? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Try requesting the stato di famiglia certificate from the comune via email. The contact information is: http://www.comune.monte-san-savino.ar.i ... &tipodoc=1

The email is statocivile@citymonte.it
TerraLavoro
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The "Stato di famiglia" contains the composition of a family at a certain date. It may cost several Euros, depending on the numbers of individuals included in the family. It is released by the Anagrafe, not the Stato Civile, but very often the two offices are merged together.
Regular mail address:

Anagrafe
Comune di Monte San Savino
Corso Sangallo 38
52048 Monte San Savino AR
Italy

mail: anagrafe@citymonte.it
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are earlier records of Monte San Savino at familysearch.org
About the Stato di famiglia its a great thought but its very difficult to obtain. Most of the time you have to have a application from the town and you need birthdates and the request has to be notarized with some form of photo id............
PG LINK TO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1932364

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

You don't want a certificato di stato di famiglia

You want a certificato storico di stato di famiglia.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I would love to know how many people on this board have actually requested and received a certificato storico di stato di famiglia.
These are very time consuming to produce unless the town has the kind of records that permit it to be done easily.
For example. Sora has a Register of the Population that was created in 1861 and updated to 1905. Does the clerk give you just your Grandfather and siblings and his parents? The page also contains his Grandparents (and their parents names), Aunts and Uncles and cousins. Towns that don't have this, would have no idea where to begin unless you give them the Head of the Household name and birthdate. The certificate would not normally provide the names of any children who died. A 'Stato di Famiglia' is actually the State of a Family (family members names and birthdates of those who are still living) on a given date. Usually prepared for some kind of social benefit or housing need.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
sunniedays

Post by sunniedays »

Thanks for all the help and comments. I was pretty much counting on this document to be the answer to my search but It sounds like I was wrong. I'm still going to contact the commune and see what happens. And thanks for the link to Monte San Savino online info. i'll definitely spend time with it. Is it correct that most marriages took place in the wife's birthplace?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

To get back to your original question re records on line for Arezzo. They are not on line, yet! The Italian government is putting its State Archive records on line, eventually. In the meantime you can write (or email) the State Archives.

At the State Archives of Arezzo, the records are conserved that document the civil history of families and persons who lived in the historic territory and the communities found in the present province. Many sources can contribute to the reconstruction of family history and that of entire populations. For the most recent period (19th and 20th centuries) the documents fall into 2 principal groups: the draft records and the civil state records (from the napoleonic period through the restoration to the civil italian state). The catalogs are searchable through lists and put at disposition of the users. The library houses staff assistance for ancestral research who will also work via correspondence. It's possible to have copies of documents.

Your other alternative is to hire someone to search parish records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

sunniedays wrote:Thanks for all the help and comments. I was pretty much counting on this document to be the answer to my search but It sounds like I was wrong. I'm still going to contact the commune and see what happens. And thanks for the link to Monte San Savino online info. i'll definitely spend time with it. Is it correct that most marriages took place in the wife's birthplace?
What dates are you looking for your family info

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sunniedays

Post by sunniedays »

Hi Marty,

All I know, besides my grandfather's birthdate, (9/4/1887) are the names of his parents. (Scipione Paci and Amabile Busisi). I have no other information and I'm trying to find out the names of his brothers and sisters. My uncle, who is 80, would like to know and so would I. So I'm figuring I'll have to go to a Family History Center to access the Monte San Savino records (which I had no idea were digitized even though I had searched, until you posted the link). (So thankyou so much for that.) Is that correct that I'll have to go in person to a Center to access those because I tried and could access them? and I thought I would search through them until I found birth records with the name of Paci and my great grandparents names?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ok the registry of births deaths and marriages of Monte San Savino Arezzo are online but they are only from 1865-1808 for Monte San Savino (provincia di Arezzo) was part of the Archivio di Stato di Firenze you would have to write for the birth records after 1865
PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ezzo/Nati/

PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... di+Arezzo/

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Let try to send for some birth records for some info on the parents email first
statocivile@citymonte.it

Comune di Monte San Savino di Stato Civile
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Giovanni Paci e Carlo Paci

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Monte San Savino . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Giovanni Paci
Nome e cognome del padre: Scipione Paci
Luogo di nascita:Monte San Savino
Data di nascita: 1887

Nome e cognome : Carlo Paci
Nome e cognome del padre: Scipione Paci
Luogo di nascita:Monte San Savino
Data di nascita: 1884-1886

Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty
sunniedays

Post by sunniedays »

Thankyou Marty.

I will do that.

Nancy