The Caci Family from Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Maryellen0624

The Caci Family from Sicily

Post by Maryellen0624 »

I am planning a trip in 2015 to Sicily and am trying to locate any members of the Caci family from the area of Taormina. What would be the best way to do this?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: The Caci Family from Sicily

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Can you give us some names and dates and where the Caci settled in the USA
Maybe we can find a address on a Italian birth record for you
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Maryellen0624

Post by Maryellen0624 »

The Caci family settle in New York State, Auburn and Buffalo. I also now believe his place of birth was Aragona, Agrigento Sicily. He booked passage to US and arrived in Ellis Island on 5/11/1912. His DOB was 4/22/1895.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What was his first name?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Is this your family? Sure they are not from Terranova di Sicilia
Angelo Caci
United States Census, 1930
Name: Angelo Caci
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1930
Event Place: Auburn, Cayuga, New York, United States
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1895
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1912
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy

Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Angelo Caci Head M 35 Italy
Josephine Caci Wife F 28 New York
Nellie Caci Daughter F 9 New York
Dorothy Caci Daughter F 7 New York
Philph Caci Son M 5 New York
Nellie Caci Mother F 70 Italy
Joseph Caci Brother M 39 Italy
Antinett Caci Sister-in-law F 27 Italy
Philph Caci Nephew M 5 New York
Angelo Caci Nephew M 3

Marty

Marty
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Aragona is very likely, but Licata or Gela (which is called Terranova in Sicilian and was known by the name Terranova di Sicilia from 1861 to 1927) are also possibilities. The name Caci is concentrated along the southern coast of Sicily; there's hardly anyone with that name in Messina.
Maryellen0624

Post by Maryellen0624 »

Marty,
Yes this is my family.

Carubia,
My grandfather did speak of Gela. I believe his mother's first name was Emanuella (Nellie). HIs father may have been Phillip or John.
Maryellen0624

Post by Maryellen0624 »

Thank you for all your help, yes this is my family. Do you know how I would go about finding my grandfathers birth record. I am still not sure who his parents were.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Records are from ancestry.com universal subscription

Birth of Angelo Caci
INDEX#350
1895 April 27th in the town of Terranova di Sicilia birth of Angelo Caci son of Filippo Caci age 53 farmer and from a natural union with Emmanuela Casano (not married civil)
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31266_A525302-00118.jpg
Birth of Giuseppe Caci
INDEX#45
1891 Jan 7th in the town of Terranova di Sicilia birth of Giuseppe Caci son of Filippo Caci age 48 farmer and from a natural union with Emmanuela Casano (not married civil)
31266_A525310-00017.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Emanuela (one "m") Casano
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Nunzia Caci
INDEX#203
1893 Mar 9th in the town of Terranova di Sicilia birth of Nunzia Caci daughter of Filippo Caci age 50 farmer and from a natural union with Emanuela Casano (not married civil)
31266_A525300-00069.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Filippo Caci
INDEX#582
1904 Dec 3rd in the town of Terranova di Sicilia death of Filippo Caci age 61(abt 1843) farmer born in Terranova di Sicilia son of deceased Angelo Caci and deceased Nunzia Bilardo
(Looks like Filippo and Emanuela never married civil in Italy)

31266_A525046-00147.jpg
Marty

Marty
Maryellen0624

Post by Maryellen0624 »

adelfio wrote:Records are from ancestry.com universal subscription

Birth of Angelo Caci
INDEX#350
1895 April 27th in the town of Terranova di Sicilia birth of Angelo Caci son of Filippo Caci age 53 farmer and from a natural union with Emmanuela Casano (not married civil)
31266_A525302-00118.jpg
Birth of Giuseppe Caci
INDEX#45
1891 Jan 7th in the town of Terranova di Sicilia birth of Giuseppe Caci son of Filippo Caci age 48 farmer and from a natural union with Emmanuela Casano (not married civil)
31266_A525310-00017.jpg
Marty

Marty,

Thank you so much this is wonderful, yes this is my family. My Grandfather, Uncle and Aunt as well. Can you give me some advice on how I would go about seeing if i have any surviving relatives in Sicily ? Also which area's I may have the most sucess in ?

Once again ,
Graci!

Maryellen
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Terranova di Sicilia is now called Gela so I would look in the Italian phone book for Caci in Gela
Heres a Filippo Caci in Gela I wrote a letter for you maybe he is a relative

PG LINK TO PHONE BOOK
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... a+%28CL%29

Filippo Caci
Contrada Piano Notaro -
93012 Gela (CL)
Italy

Ciao Filippo Caci,
Sto cercando notizie della mia famiglia in Italia ed è per questo che Le scrivo: per sapere se Lei ha qualche informazione da darmi o se ha fatto per caso delle analoghe ricerche per il suo ramo della famiglia.
Sarei felice se Lei fosse uno dei miei parenti, in questo caso La pregherei di inviarmi un breve messaggio con le notizie in Suo possesso. In questo caso in occasione di una mia visita in Italia La verrei sicuramente a salutare come spero Lei farebbe in un Suo eventuale viaggio negli Stati Uniti.
Il mio nome è YOUR NAME e vivo negli Stati Uniti d'America. Ho avuto il tuo nome e indirizzo dal paginebiachine . Angelo Caci, che era nato nel 1895 a Terranova di Sicilia , era il mio bisnonno. Angelo Caci emigrò negli Stati Uniti nel 1912. Sua padre Filippo Caci era la mia trisnonno, nato nel 1843 a Terranova di Sicilia . Vorrei mettermi in contatto con i miei parenti Caci in Gela e Terranova di Sicilia . Allego una busta pre-indirizzata oppure puoi scrivermi a EMAIL ADDRESS
Non vedo l'ora di avere tue notizie..
Cordiali saluti,
YOUR NAME ADDRESS

Hello Philip Caci,
I'm looking for news of my family in Italy and that is why I am writing to know if you have any information to give me, or if he has done for the case of similar research for his branch of the family.
I would be happy if you were one of my relatives, in this case I would ask you to send a short message with news in your possession. In this case on the occasion of my visit to Italy's surely would come to greet as I hope you would do in your possible trip to the US.
My name is YOUR NAME and I live in the United States of America. I got your name and address from paginebiachine. Angelo Caci, who was born in 1895 in Terranova di Sicilia , was my great-grandfather. Angelo Caci emigrated to the US in 1912. His father Philip Caci was my great-great grandfather, born in 1843 in Terranova di Sicilia. I would like to get in touch with my relatives Caci in Terranova di Sicilia and Gela. I enclose a self-addressed envelope or you can email me at EMAIL ADDRESS
I can not wait to hear from you ..
Kind regards,

Marty

Marty
Maryellen0624

Post by Maryellen0624 »

Marty,

Thanks again, i can't tell you how wonderful this is. I am going to take your advice and let you know how I make out. My sister and I are both going on the trip so we both very excited.

Thanks once again,
Maryellen