Help with Death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
smas1973
Master
Master

Help with Death

Post by smas1973 »

Can I get Help with this from family search please # 29

thank you
scott

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,249735401
Thank You For All Your Help With The Translation Of This Documents

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Riggio, & Bondi.

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help with Death

Post by erudita74 »

This is a transcription of the NYC death record of a Giuseppe Salamona. Appearing at the town hall was an Agostina Pusateri, age 46, a housewife living in Termini. She appeared at the town hall in Termini on Oct 25, 1892 and asked that a copy of a death act for a Giuseppe Salamona from NYC be transcribed into the registers of Termini exactly as the copy she had was written. It was from the county of NY, city of New York. On Aug 25, 1892, the NY official saw the body of the deceased Giuseppe in the morgue. He died at 5 a.m. and was age 51, white, and a widower. He died in Bellvue Hospital. He had been born in Italy and was a resident at 107 2nd Avenue and had been living in NY for 8 1/2 years. Italy was also the place of birth of his father.

In the margin, there is info which the town official in Termini added. It states that he was the son of deceased Antonino S and deceased Providenza Spalla and that he was the husband of Agostina Pusateri. It also states that he had been born in Termini on Oct 14, 1840. It also states that the surname Salamone was replacing the surname Salamuna (but I see an o and not a u in the surname in the body of the record, so I'm not sure about this).

There is a cause of death in the record-something to do with his blood and also with his leg, but I can't decipher it. Also, the NYC record says that he was a widower, so it's confusing that it was Agostina Pusateri who appeared at the town hall in Termini (same name as the person listed in the margin by the Termini official as his wife). Obviously if his wife was deceased at the time of his death in NYC, she couldn't have appeared at the town hall in Termini with a copy of his NYC death record, The notation in the margin added by the town official in Termini indicates to me that his wife, Agostina Pusateri, was still alive at the time of his death. So, there is either an error in the NYC record which indicated that he was a widower, or there is an error in the name written as his wife in the margin by the Termini official.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

cause of death

I see there was blood poisoning and it seems to me it was from a blow by a shovel to the leg

He was some kind of worker-him being a worker by occupation is also listed in the record

I also tried to locate the original record in the NYC death index, but I can't find it listed.

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote: ... It also states that the surname Salamone was replacing the surname Salamuna (but I see an o and not a u in the surname in the body of the record, so I'm not sure about this).
See line 8 of the second page
erudita74 wrote:...
There is a cause of death in the record-something to do with his blood and also with his leg, but I can't decipher it.
"avvelenamento di sangue avvenuto per essersi inflitto lui stesso un colpo di pala ad una gamba ".
he was wounded, hitting himself on a leg with a shovel, and he died for blood poisoning
erudita74 wrote:...Also, the NYC record says that he was a widower, so it's confusing that it was Agostina Pusateri who appeared at the town hall in Termini (same name as the person listed in the margin by the Termini official as his wife).
The side note is an amendment ordered by the court, stating that the deceased was the son of lateAntonino and late Providenza Spalla and that he was the husband of Agostina Pusateri. (This means that the assertion that he was a widower was wrong).
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

thank you for all the help
Thank You For All Your Help With The Translation Of This Documents

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Riggio, & Bondi.

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome.
Erudita