Who is the mother of the groom

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rp76226
Master
Master

Who is the mother of the groom

Post by rp76226 »

The following link is a marriage record. Can anyone find the name of the mother of the groom. I have found the other names.

http://postimg.org/image/nxgmrgik1/
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Who is the mother of the groom

Post by erudita74 »

living Maria Castellana

Erudita
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

So the mother has the same last name as her husband Giovanni or did I get his surname wrong? I see the bride's parents as Francesco Vernagallo and Paola Ciraula. The bride's name is Barbara and the groom is Onofrio. Correct?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

rp76226 wrote:So the mother has the same last name as her husband Giovanni or did I get his surname wrong? I see the bride's parents as Francesco Vernagallo and Paola Ciraula. The bride's name is Barbara and the groom is Onofrio. Correct?

There is no maiden name for either of the mothers in this record. The groom (Onofrio Castellana) was the legitimate and natural son of deceased Giovanni and living Maria Castellana. The bride (Barbara Vernagallo) was the legitimate and natural daughter of deceased Francesco and living Paola Vernagallo. I don't know where you got the surname Ciraula for the mother. It's not in this record.

Erudita