Ercolani, Caliseri/Calisesi, Angelini, Turci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NThomas

Ercolani, Caliseri/Calisesi, Angelini, Turci

Post by NThomas »

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Please, I am looking for Domenico ERCOLANI and Domenica CALISERI or CALISESI.

They had Giuseppe ERCOLANI on July 23, 1876 in Mercato Saraceno, Forli-Cesena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. He married Lucia ANGELINI in Switzerland and they had children in Germany, then moved to France. They had 3 children: Domenico "Dominique" Ercolani, Giuseppe "Joseph" Ercolani and Anna Ercolani Zilioli. They all lived in died in France.

I am also looking for Lucia ANGELINI's parents as well. She was also born in Mercato Saraceno on January 20, 1876. Her parents are Pietro ANGELINI and Maria Angiola TURCI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know when or where they were born, married, or died.

Thank you,

Nathalie
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Ercolani, Caliseri/Calisesi, Angelini, Turci

Post by Anizio »

If you ever get back to the 1700s on your tree let me know.

My ancestor, Santa Turci was born around 1740. She married Domenico Valbonesi in Ranchio, a Frazione of Sarsina which is the neighboring town of your Turci ancestor.

Sorry this post is not very helpful to your question, but keep me in mind if you start tracing your Turci ancestors back farther.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
NThomas

Post by NThomas »

Hi Anizio,

Thank you. If I ever get back that far on this line I will definitely contact you. :)

Nathalie
NThomas

Post by NThomas »

Hello,

Is there anyone who can help or tell me where to go or what do? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
Nathalie
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

You write the town records office and ask for the birth certificate of Giuseppe ERCOLANI July 23, 1876 and Lucia ANGELINI January 20, 1876. That will give you the approximate ages of their parents at the time of their births and the locations of the parents births (or it should) and then you continue from there by trying to find their birth records. You also can try to get information on each parents marriage record by assuming they were married in a 5 year range before their birth (not guaranteed but worth a shot) but I'd wait to do this until you have each parents location of birth since traditionally the marriage took place in the wife's town.

This should cost you nothing. PM me if you want help actually forming the letters and figuring out what address to send them. Without information about their approximate years of birth and locations it is impossible to find more information unless someone else has them in their trees. Getting their birth certificates (copia integrale dell'atto di nascita) is the best way forward.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
NThomas

Post by NThomas »

Thank you Anizio.

I did write an email in Italian to Mercato Saraceno, and got both Guiseppe Ercolani's and Lucia Angelini's birth certificates about 2 years ago. The only information that I didn't have already was the maiden name of Lucia Angelini's mother. It didn't say how old their parents were or from where. I realized that I had asked for a birth certificate instead of an extract of the birth certificate. I sent another email about a year ago requesting the extract and never got a reply. So I have been stuck there. I will request the "copia integrale dell'atto di nascita" again and see what happens.

I didn't see any records on FamilySearch.org for Mercato Saraceno, Forli-Cesena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. Do they have anything from this town on microfilm?

Nathalie
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

you do not want the estratto, you want the "copia integrale"

No Forli-Cesena does not have records on there, the searches done there for my tree are all done in person through parish records.

Maybe you can send me the documents they did send you and I can tell you what to write in the letters to get what you need. PM me, I'd be happy to give you my email and I can help you.
NThomas

Post by NThomas »

Anizio,

I sent you a pm and I sent you the birth certificates of Giuseppe Ercolani and Lucia Angelini that I received from Mercato Saraceno, Forli-Cesena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy.

Thank you,

Nathalie