1877 Birth Records from Palermo?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kristingish

1877 Birth Records from Palermo?

Post by kristingish »

Hello, I have been searching for the birth record of my 2x great grandfather, Antonio Schiavo, born 11 May 1877 in Palermo. I have found no record of his birth or any siblings or parents. Any help is greatly appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: 1877 Birth Records from Palermo?

Post by adelfio »

From the Palermo birth index
Antonio Schiavo son of Antonino Schiavo and Rosalia Di Martino 1877 May 11 uff#2 vol#119 n#1354

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Francesca Schiavo daughter of Antonino Schiavo and Rosalia Di Martino 1881 April 1 ufficio 2 vol#151 n#1046

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Giovanni Battista Schiavo son of Antonino Schiavo and Rosalia Di Martino 1883 May 25 ufficio 2 vol#184 n#1579

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Palermo marriage index
1875 April 15th marriage of Antonino Schiavo son of Antonino Schiavo and Francesca Martino married to Rosalia Martino daughter of Giovan Battista Martino and ??? Romano ufficio 2 v. 051 n. 0215
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Palermo marriage index
1837 Dec 24 in Molo, Palermo Antonino Schiavo son of Salvatore Schiavo and Maria Cavarretta married to Francesca Di Martino daughter of Antonino Di Martino and Rosa Marino v. 171 n. 0201

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Santa Scaglione (wife of Antonio Schiavo)
1885 April 6th in Palermo ufficio 2 birth of Santa Scaglione daughter of Antonino Scaglione and Giuseppa Pezzino v. 209 n.1173

Marty

Marty
kristingish

Post by kristingish »

Marty,

I have scoured records for so long and been unable to find these. I have looked in the indexes for Palermo and all the records from Hugh Tournabene as well. I even posted a lot of the data on my website (http://the-richeys.com)
  • How did you access this information you found?
  • Do you have access to scanned images?
I am so grateful and extremely impressed.
Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Edit: Also I did already have the information on the birth of Santina Scaglione and have been able from there to explore her ancestry (http://the-richeys.com/surnames/the-scagliones/) but every other entry you have posted above is new information to me. I am now able to research past a brick wall I've been up against for years. Thank you thank you thank you.
kristingish

Post by kristingish »

adelfio wrote:Palermo marriage index
1875 April 15th marriage of Antonino Schiavo son of Antonino Schiavo and Francesca Martino married to Rosalia Martino daughter of Giovan Battista Martino and ??? Romano ufficio 2 v. 051 n. 0215
Marty
I found a birth record for a Rosalia Di Martino, daughter to Giovan Battista Di Martino, but the mother is listed as Vincenza Crisafi. The birth is recorded as 12 Nov 1846 in Partinico, Palermo.

I wonder if there is any possibility this is the same Rosalia Di Martino and there was a transcription error on the marriage record, but the difference from Romano to Crisafi is quite large.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hugh Tornabene is in the process of copying the Palermo birth indexes 1820-1905 as we speak he has completed some years that is where I got the info for your family(What a great job he is doing)
PG LINK TO INDEXES
https://sites.google.com/site/palermobirthshub/home

As far as Rosalia Di Martino I would get marriage record on film from FHL and check the info

Marty

Marty
kristingish

Post by kristingish »

Thank you so much!

In regards to Francesca Schiavo, did you happen to see any record of her marriage? Or is Hugh also expanding the marriage index entries?

Wow!
kristingish

Post by kristingish »

I have found that Romano refers to Maddalena Romano, wife of Giovanni Battiste (di) Martino. They also had a daughter named Maddalena Martino, born 1 Mar 1868 in Palermo.