I need help!!!!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

I need help!!!!

Post by Maurizio »

Hello, MamaMia.
<BR>
<BR>The document you foud seems to be the copy of a wedding (=\"Matrimonio\") act which was celebrated on May, 20, 19... (You or the document didn\'t report the year, but to your better comprehension i tell you that \"Venti del mese di Maggio dell\'anno mille-novecento...\" means \"twenty of the month of may of the year onethousand-ninehundreds...)
<BR>The wedding was celebrated in Caluso (which is a town of about 10,000 habitants nowadays included in the province of Torino, Piemonte, but until 1927 put under the administrative jurisdiction of the Province of Aosta) and more exactly in the parish church (=\"Parrocchia\") dedicated to saints Calogero ans Andrea.
<BR>The following part of your message has probably some mispelling (handwriting is always difficult to read).
<BR>
<BR>Anyway, JICOMO (probably \"Giacomo\"=James) TOMASO CASSIS should be the name of the groom. The word \"ANNI\" (literaly \"years\"), referred to the groom, should be understood as \"age\" and followed by a number (\"VENTIGERALTRA\" is not an italian word and it only partially sounds like Italian numbers between 20 and 29, which are: \"venti, ventuno, ventidue, ventitre, ventiquattro, venticinque, ventisei, ventisette\",
<BR>ventotto, ventinove\").
<BR>NEMBRO is a town in the province of BERGAMO (Lombardia region) which is probably the groom\'s birthplace.
<BR>MARIA NIGRO should be the name of the bride (or of a witness)
<BR>Neither PRETRO nor PRITRO are italian words.
<BR>
<BR>A better comprehension of the document would be possible if you could report it completely, and not by single words. You may publish it here or, if you prefer, you may send me a copy privately: in both cases I\'ll try and furnish you a more correct version.
<BR>
<BR>Hope this helps.
<BR>Ciao, Maurizio
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

I need help!!!!

Post by Maurizio »

I was thinking to a full transcription of all words present in the document. Or do you already have a digital image of the document?
ptimber
Master
Master

I need help!!!!

Post by ptimber »

You can send it to my e-mail if you wish. <a href="mailto:Petertimebr@msn.com" target="_new">Petertimebr@msn.com</a>. Maurizio ,as usual has gone way beyond and explained things so fullyu I doubt you need a further explanation but if You wish you can send itg to me. Maurizio is a great guy and if you wish to send it to him that is fine too. Peter