Ancestor death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Ancestor death record

Post by Anizio »

I'm having trouble reading my ancestor's, Francesco Calcagni, death record. I have 4 main questions

1) What is his profession?

2) In general, what does it say about his parents?

3) Does it give his mother's last name? (Giustina seems to be her first name) and if so, what is it?

4) At the bottom is there some reference to allegati that I might be able to get my hands on?

Thanks!
Attachments
Genealogy Text Question.jpg
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Ancestor death record

Post by Anizio »

Anyone? I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

This is what I can decipher:

...mori Calcagni, Francesco di anni quarantasette [profession?], coniugata, nato e domicilato in Roma in Via San Galliano numero venti, figlio dei furono Daniele e Giustina [surname?]...then a bunch of text I can't read....volume degli allegati al numero seicentoventicinque, Serie D.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

This is what I read:
...che in detto Ospedale alle ore ??? pomeridiane di ieri, morì Calcagni Francesco di anni quarantasette Direttore?, coniugato, nato e domicilato in Roma in Via San Galliano numero venti, figlio dei furono Daniele e Giustina. Il suddetto avviso che non ha altre indicazioni, munito del mio visto si pone nel volume degli allegati al numero seicentoventicinque, Serie D.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Thanks Livio.

Do you know what that last part means? "munito del mio visto si pone"? Does it give an indicated of what is attached in the allegati? I can translate the last sentence fine, but I do not understand it.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The notice that he (the Ufficiale di Stato Civile) received was inserted in the allegati, D series, #625
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Thanks so much! :) The part of him receiving notice in paper form is what confused me.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I suggest that you always post the entire document and not pieces of it. This will help to understand and decipher better.
How is it that you have access to Rome documents? (I might need to find a few records...)
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Everything above that line was just about the Official. The document is rather large, but in the future I'll just attach it in multiple pieces.

I discovered in October that FamilySearch has Rome civil records for 1871-1930 and 1810-1814.
This includes a list of all soldiers from Lazio who died during the Napoleonic wars, as well as births, deaths, marriages (and marriage bans), and allegati for all of those.
There are a small number of records throughout which seem to have not been digitized (ie. a year where a gap of 300 are missing) but its a tiny percentage of the overall.
Indexes for all of it are separate so by ordering the index first it can save you hours of time, but costs you extra for ordering additional film.
There are also some church records available for Rome starting in 1814 and going back into the 1700s although I haven't looked yet.

Go to familysearch catalog, and search Roma, Roma, Italy. If you only search Roma, Italy it will give you the province of Rome only which is why a lot of people don't find the films.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

OK. Thanks