Masini, Gualtieri, Mori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ruemori

Masini, Gualtieri, Mori

Post by ruemori »

Hello All,
I'm fairly new to ItalianGenealogy.com, but I've been trying to research my family tree for well over a year with not very much luck. Beacause I live in Canada and records are from Italy it makes it close to impossible to find anything. My family is from Tuscany, Pistoia and Lucca mostly. I wonder if anyone out there has any info on Masini, Mori or Gualtieri in this part of Italy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thank you all in advance for any help. It has been quite a frustrating search so far.
eduardoamedeo

Re: Masini, Gualtieri, Mori

Post by eduardoamedeo »

Hi. Just on a hunch, I went to a website run by the Latter Day Saints, which I found invaluable
the website is www.familysearch.com
Don't have to join anything, just click on search and away you go. From the information you supplied I did a quick search and cam up with:

Assunta Masini nei Francioni
Find A Grave Index
birth: 18 May 1893
death: 16 June 1952
burial: 1952 Lucca, Provincia di Lucca, Toscana, Italy

Antonio Menicucci Masini
Find A Grave Index
birth: 22 November 1869
death: 1 January 1938
burial: 1938 Lammari, Provincia di Lucca, Toscana, Italy

Cherubino Masini
Find A Grave Index
birth: 13 November 1869
death: 7 November 1950
burial: 1950 Lammari, Provincia di Lucca, Toscana, Italy

I have been searching for years for the ships manifest for my grandparents, who's name is Lucchese, but going through Ellis Island, they forced them to use the name of Lochist, which they did until my uncle had enough money to go to the Board of Health to change the name back to the original family name. I hope you find what you are looking for. God's blessings.
Eduardo
ruemori

Post by ruemori »

Thank you Eduardo, I've actually been to the familysearch.org site; and found those people; but alas they are not known relatives:( I do have the info saved for them though in case in future I discover they are relatives. I also belong to ancestry.ca too; again it's so very difficult when all the info is across the ocean. But I've managed to go back to my great grand parents thanks to the fact that my mom is still with us, although she is now 82 and only remembers so much. I really do appreciate your help. I keep saying I will have to go to Italy my self and look the stuff up LOL.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The civil records for Pistoia are available online. They are in Italian.
Here is the link.
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1493462

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How about some full names and dates and where they settled and can help with your researching

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ruemori

Post by ruemori »

Some info that's as accurate as far as I know- My paternal grandfather name was Camillo Mori; born in Monte Catini (sp) but lived in Lammari (Capannori). 1901-1976. He married Ida Casaldi (not sure where she was born 1911- about 1983. One of my paternal great grandfathers was Silvio Mori (not sure when he was born (maybe about 1870) not sure where either.
One of my maternal grandfathers was Torino Gualtieri, 1894-1961, he was born in Pistoia. He married my grandmother Annuziata Masini 1894-1981, they lived Vinchiana(sp) and Ponte a Moriano. His father's name was Carlo Gualtieri and he married Armida (not sure maiden name or birth/death dates)They were from Pistoia but moved to Diecimo (Lucca). My other great grand father was Virgilio Masini he married Marianna (not sure her maiden name). Virgilio died in 1932 (not sure when he was born) Marianna died in about 1945 (not sure when she was born. They lived in Aquilea, but not sure if that's where they were from.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Camillo Mori was probally born in Montecatini Terme in the province of Pistoia

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ruemori

Post by ruemori »

You are right it is all one word. I should have checked the map:) Thank you.