Birth Record Translation Needed - Stefano Molica 1825

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Birth Record Translation Needed - Stefano Molica 1825

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I need a little help translating this birth record for Stefano Molica. This is what I have been able to translate on my own:

Name: Stefano Molica
Date of Birth: March 26, 1825 in Patti, Messina, Sicily
Parents: genitori incenti (unknown) - Do you know if he was brought to a foundling wheel?

There is some writing on the next page that I cannot translate. Is this saying something about the ruotara? Any clarification to this birth would be a help.

Here is the link:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Please correct or add anything I might have missed. I thank anyone who can help in advance!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Translation Needed - Stefano Molica 1825

Post by PippoM »

Yes, he was found in a foundling wheel of the Hospital of Town on day 26, as explained in the following page: the baby was found at 12? covered with poor clothes, with no marks on his body, as reported by the Hospital (I think the man who reported about his finding is also mentioned as Nunziolo Gafulli, but I'm not sure). The report was inserted in the Volume of allegati at #46.
Notice that Molica is also the surname of one of the witnesses.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Birth Record Translation Needed - Stefano Molica 1825

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you very, very much for your time and expertise!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA