Rubertone / Ruberton / Robertone / Libertone surname project

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mark04ox

Rubertone / Ruberton / Robertone / Libertone surname project

Post by mark04ox »

Hi everyone,

For anyone who is interested in these surnames, all of which originated in southern Italy, I've started a web site for a surname project to bring together information about all of the families, and try to find out how (if at all) they might be ultimately related. There is also a connected DNA project for anyone who would like to take part. The web site is at http://www.rubertone.org. Please come along and say hi on the forum!

Best,
Mark
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Rubertone / Ruberton / Robertone / Libertone surname pro

Post by erudita74 »

Interesting project and website, although I do not have the need for it. However, years ago when researching the records for the town of Stigliano in Matera Province, I came across a Maria Teresa Filomena Carmina Robertone who had been born in the town of Craco abt 1837 and married there about 1867. She died in Stigliano on Sept 30, 1883 and was the wife of a Domenicantonio DiCicco. Her parents were Vincenzo Robertone and Giulia Torgione. That's all the info I have about the Robertone surname.

Erudita
tbologna

Re: Rubertone / Ruberton / Robertone / Libertone surname pro

Post by tbologna »

erudita74 wrote:Interesting project and website, although I do not have the need for it. However, years ago when researching the records for the town of Stigliano in Matera Province, I came across a Maria Teresa Filomena Carmina Robertone who had been born in the town of Craco abt 1837 and married there about 1867. She died in Stigliano on Sept 30, 1883 and was the wife of a Domenicantonio DiCicco. Her parents were Vincenzo Robertone and Giulia Torgione. That's all the info I have about the Robertone surname.

Erudita
I have just learned that Domenicantonio Dicicco is my great grandfather. His son, my grandfather, Rocco Dicicco was born to Domenicantonio's second wife, Filomena Marisco.

Do you have any information about other children of Domenicantonio Dicicco, either by his first wife or second?
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Rubertone / Ruberton / Robertone / Libertone surname project

Post by erudita74 »

I'll check my database and get back to you.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Actually for the Domenicantonio Dicicco who was married to Maria Teresa Filomena Camrina Robertone I have a different second wife, so if he is the same Domenicantonio Dicicco married to Filomena Marsico then perhaps Filomena was his third wife and not his second. For Domenicantonio and Filomena I know of only two children, but there were probably others whose info I never extracted from the microfilmed records. I have a Rocco Dicicco born on Sept 24, 1884 and a Rachele Dicicco born on March 12, 1888, both in Stigliano. If the Domenicantonio Dicicco with the three wives is the same person, then I have the ancestry back to about 1775 and would be happy to share that info with you. Do you have proof that the Domenicantonio Dicicco who married Robertone is the same Domenicantonio who married Filomena Marsico?

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Okay, here is the marriage publication record for Domenicantonio Dicicco and Filomena Marsico. The first publication was Oct 21 and the second Oct 28, 1883. I see that it mentions the death of Robertone in the handwritten section. Anyway, I do have this Dicicco ancestry back to about 1775. I am sending you a private message.
Erudita

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350000801
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Here's the marriage publication record in Trivigno, Potenza for Domenicantonio and his third wife, Maria Carmela Marino. I know this marriage took place on March 1, 1892. I'm looking for the actual marriage record. Date of Filomena Marsico's death is given in this record as Nov 2, 1891. The record reads that the death occurred in Potenza.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392440401

Here's the March 1, 1892 marriage record

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392440401
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

according to this death act, Filomena Marsico died on Aug 27, 1891

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392429901