Caressa family from Trani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rose_briss

Caressa family from Trani

Post by rose_briss »

My great grandmother was Felicetta Caressa. Her mother was Maria and she had a brother named Rocco, sister Domenica who married someone whose surname was De Nalle. She married Pasquale D'Ambrosio in Romania (he was a merchant marine and she joined him in Romania). She emigrated to Canada in 1906 and died in 1974. I note that there are still Caressas in the Trani area. Any information on this family would be appreciated.
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Re: Caressa family from Trani

Post by Joannsalvo »

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

From the Archivio di Stato site...

Located a POSSIBLE birth act for sister Domenica...
Is it possible the name of her spouse was Emanuele Arpone (though you mentioned Da Nalle)?

Act #635 (lower left)
Birth on 19 August 1882 in Trani
Father: Lorenzo Caressa, 35, peasant farmer residing in Trani
Mother: Maria Manatrizio, his wife, housewife residing with him
Child given the name DOMENICA

Notations:
Married with Emanuele Arpone in Trani on 6 February 1904
Died in Como, 29 January 1972

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html

Some years are missing on both the familysearch and archivio sites, so I have not yet located birth acts for Felicita/Felicetta or Rocco.

T.
rose_briss

Post by rose_briss »

Hi Tessa. The De Nalle name came from the back of a photograph of Domenica that my great-aunt has (Felicetta"s daughter). I know Maria (Felicetta's mother) was still alive in the mid-1960s at nearly 100 years old when Felicetta went home to see her mother for the first time in 60 years. Rocco was still alive then as well as there is a photo of him from the same visit. Thank you for your help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rose_briss wrote:Hi Tessa. The De Nalle name came from the back of a photograph of Domenica that my great-aunt has (Felicetta"s daughter). I know Maria (Felicetta's mother) was still alive in the mid-1960s at nearly 100 years old when Felicetta went home to see her mother for the first time in 60 years. Rocco was still alive then as well as there is a photo of him from the same visit. Thank you for your help.
Women keep their own surname in Italy. Would the "De Nalle" have named her husband in the picture? If not, the "da Nalle" may have been something other than a surname.

Would it be possible to see the back of the photo?

And...Do you know Felicetta's mother's surname? or her father's first name?

T.