Wedding Bann, 17 Nov 1844, Raffaele Antonio Iafolla

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Wedding Bann, 17 Nov 1844, Raffaele Antonio Iafolla

Post by JOHN08 »

What is Maria Felice Stella's mother's surname ? Is it Maddelena Saccenta ?

Thanks for any help.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... tzkpmq.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Wedding Bann, 17 Nov 1844, Raffaele Antonio Iafolla

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Yes, it looks like Saccenta to me. I believe this surname was (is?) a Capestrano name. (I'm guessing that is where this record is from?).
Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

Yes, this record is from Capestrano. Thanks for your help.

John
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

How did you know that this record was from Capestrano? I did a search for the location of this name "Saccenta" and could not find this name listed for any of the regions in Italy; however, I used the name "Saccenti" and found it was listed in a number of the regions in Italy --- it was not listed in Abruzzo region.

John
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi John

I didn't exactly know, it was guess work. Like you, I searched the surname in various places. When I tried Family Search the surname Saccenta was there, with one of the towns being Capestrano. I remembered that Capestrano was one of the towns you have researched in the past.

Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

Thanks for you help.

I have attached an image of an extract of a birth record that is part the marriage record for Raffaele Antonio Iafolla and Maria Felice Stella.

The only name in the extract that has a connection to Raffeale is his mother: Domenica Ottaviani, 27, spinner.

Why was this attached to the marriage record ? This is birth/baptism on 29th Jul 1819 for Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone ???

I must be missing something is this record.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... c0b652.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi John

At a quick glance, I would say that this birth extract for Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone was part of the allegati for his intended marriage. This must be an error. In the last lot of films I viewed I found so many errors amongst the allegati, wrong birth extracts included or extracts mistranscribed. Allegati are fantastic but you do have to be on your guard with them and definitely keep going back until you do actually find the original Death and Birth Acts.

Do you by any chance have either the index for the 1844 marriages and/or the Atto di Solenne Promesa di Matrimonio for Raffaele and Maria. If you do and you post the page which includes the list of allegati, I would be interested to know what was presented. (Re the indices: I always save the indices when I am viewing films because they are a good backup if I am not sure of a name.)

Am out the door in a minute but will take another look later.

Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

I have attached the marriage record for Raffaele and Maria.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... cbrh3p.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Thank you. This is page 1 of the Act and at the bottom it lists the first required document: 1. Birth Record of the Groom. Do you have page 2, it will list the other documents. There are generally four pages to this type of Act. Because it looks like all the parents were alive, there possibly weren't too many documents presented, but it would still be interesting to note what was. I'm not completely understanding whether the Birth Extract you posted here for Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone was randomly attached to Raffaele and Maria's marriage record, or whether it was amongst Raffaele and Maria's allegati. Can you clarify?
Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

Page 2 is the birth extract for Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone. It was the next page after marriage record for Raffaele and Maria. After page 2 was a new marriage record .

Angela, I am going to the Family History Center. I will take a photo of the index page for the marriage of Raffaele and Maria. I will double check the marriage record to make sure (99% sure) that there were only two pages for the marriage record.

I will post any photo(s) that I take.

John
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

While you are there, check the "M's", there should be a listing there for Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone's marriage. I'm sure his Birth Extract was attached to Raffaele and Maria's marriage record in error or filmed out of order?
Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

Yes, I will look for Vincenzo's marriage record. If I find, I will take a photo.

John
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi John

You must be looking at the following film:
Nati, matrimoni, processetti, notificazioni morti, diversi 1843-1845; Nati 1846
Family History Library
International Film

On this film there are the "processetti" which are basically "allegati". It looks like they come straight after the "matrimoni" on your film although they might not. On my films the allegati follow the morti and diversi. Yours might be set up differently. Sometimes they are all jumbled and you get little surprises here and there. Anyways, if you haven't already looked through the "processetti" for 1844 it would be worth your while to do so as you may find further info there. It would be good to find the processetti for both Raffaele and Maria's marriage (especially) and also for Vincenzo's (if there?). It is interesting that Raffaele and Vincenzo's respective mothers were named Domenica Ottaviani (possibly related or not).

Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

Good idea! I will also research the processetti records for Raffaele and Vincenzo. When I am done, I will let you know.

John
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

I have finished my research and the following is a summary of what I found:

1. Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone and Maria Micalone, Vincenzo's sister, were married on the same day: 28th of December 1844. Angela, I have attached images of the index pages for the 1844 marriages.

2. Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone's marriage record (wife's name: Giovanna DiMatteo) has the birth extraction record, the second page, for a Vincenzo Francesco Palmieri, definitely misfiled.

3. I found the birth extraction records for Raffaele Antonio Iafolla and Maria Felice Stella. These records were filed with a marriage record, dated 19 December 1844, for a Giuseppe Gasbarro, another birth extraction record misfiled. I have attached the images of birth extraction record for Raffaele and Maria.

4. Another record, of interest, is the marriage of Giovanni Iafolla, maybe a relative of Raffaele Antonio Iafolla, on the 28th of December 1844, the same date for the marriage of Vincenzo Giovanni Micalone. Could this have caused the misfiling of Vincenzo's birth extraction added to Raffaele's marriage record ?

Angela, thanks for information about the possible errors in the allegati (processetti) records. I am going to look at the original birth records for Raffaele Antonio Iafolla and Maria Felice Stella.

If you need any clarification/information, let me know.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 3xnfyc.jpg
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... lsk59l.jpg
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bqarf6.jpg