did Agostino die in the war?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

did Agostino die in the war?

Post by stellina13 »

the 3 pages below are attachments for the wedding of Carmine Angelone and Angela Maria Caruso. If I am understanding correctly, they don't have Carmine's father - Agostino's death record because he died in the war in the hands of french troops, is that correct? The dates 1808 and 1809 are on the records, Did he die one of those two years?

Then they mention Alessandro Angelone who was Agostino's father and the groom's grandfather. Any mention of when he died or any other information on him?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you so much for your help, it is sincerely appreciated!
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: did Agostino die in the war?

Post by PippoM »

Agostino was arrested in 1808 by French trrops. In 1809 he had to be taken to Naples, but in the way, when they were in the "Piano delle cinque miglia", was shot with other "briganti" (rebels to the authority and bandits).
I'm trying to decipher what it says about Alessandro...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

As to Alessandro, the witnesses said that it was said in Castelvecchio (maybe it's the place where he lived...there's more than one near Capestrano) that he died twenty or more years before in ? (it might even be "Roma", but I see the "R" is written differently for other words). Anyway, they also said he would have been more than one hundred years old by then, so he had reasonably died.

If nobody can read it here, you might want to post it in www.tuttogenealogia.it, an Italian Forum where we have a section for English-speaking users, and where Italian experts can give it a try.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stellina13 »

thank you so much Giuseppe!
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily