Tranlation Death Record: Onorata Iafolla, 4 Jun 1819

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Tranlation Death Record: Onorata Iafolla, 4 Jun 1819

Post by JOHN08 »

On the 4th of Jun 1819, appeared Giuseppe Chiola, 28, laborer, living in Capestrano, son of the deceased and Giuseppe Chiola, 40, living in same town as the deceased ?. Giuseppe declared the death of Onorata Iafolla, daughter of deceased Giuseppe Iafolla and Elisabetta Castagne. Onorata iafolla,a spinner, was 70 years old when she died.

The listed age of 40 for the deceased Giuseppe Chiola has to be an error in this record. He was probably close to 50 years old when he died.

Appreciate any corrections/additions.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... j8zpq8.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Tranlation Death Record: Onorata Iafolla, 4 Jun 1819

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

JOHN08 wrote:On the 4th of Jun 1819, appeared Giuseppe Chiola, 28, laborer, living in Capestrano, son of the deceased and Giuseppe Chiola, 40, laborer, living in same town (Capestrano), nipote (grandson or nephew) of the deceased. They declared the death of Onorata Iafolla, daughter of deceased Giuseppe Iafolla and Elisabetta Castagna. Onorata Iafolla, a spinner, was 70 years old and died in her home at 5 pm on 4 June 1819.

The listed age of 40 for the deceased Giuseppe Chiola has to be an error in this record. He was probably close to 50 years old when he died??? Where does it say Giuseppe Chiola was deceased? I am reading that Giuseppe Chiola, one of the declarants, 40yo, laborer, living in the same town, was Elisabetta's “nipote” which can be either grandson or nephew.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... j8zpq8.jpg
Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

BTW John,
I'm not sure whether you realise it, or not, but some of your records are now on line at the Antenati Site, so you don't need to use the post image site anymore – just provide the link. Like you, I also have been getting films out from Family Search, but I always check what's on line before I place a new order. To my delight, two weeks ago, records for the towns I research were put on line, over a few days. I've just checked for Capestrano and there are some there also as follows:

1809-1815: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... apestrano/

1816-1860
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... apestrano/

1861-1942 (mainly deaths, only some births and marriages)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... apestrano/

Lucky you! Enjoy :D
Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

My error, Giuseppe Chiola was not deceased; also, I assumed he had to be close to 50 years old---wrong again.

I was convinced that Giuseppe Chiola, 40, was the father of Giuseppe Chiola, 28, don't ask why. Angela, thanks for making the corrections to my "messed-up" translation.

Yes, I am using the Antenati Site. In fact, Tessa78 of this website gave me the info about the Antenati Site on the 28th of March 2015 (post: Surname "Tafolla" forum: Italian Genealogy). Using this website, I have found many records of the Iafolla lineage (found recently : Palina Iafolla, born: 11 Jun 1890).

Tessa, if you are reading this post, thanks for your help back in March 2015.

Regards,

John
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

JOHN08 wrote:Angela,

My error, Giuseppe Chiola was not deceased; also, I assumed he had to be close to 50 years old---wrong again.

I was convinced that Giuseppe Chiola, 40, was the father of Giuseppe Chiola, 28, don't ask why. Angela, thanks for making the corrections to my "messed-up" translation.

Yes, I am using the Antenati Site. In fact, Tessa78 of this website gave me the info about the Antenati Site on the 28th of March 2015 (post: Surname "Tafolla" forum: Italian Genealogy). Using this website, I have found many records of the Iafolla lineage (found recently : Palina Iafolla, born: 11 Jun 1890).

Tessa, if you are reading this post, thanks for your help back in March 2015.

Regards,

John
It was my pleasure!!! :-)

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome for the help, John. I am pleased that you are making use of the Antenati Website with much success :D All the best with your future research.
Angela
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

I cannot download the Antenati Website. Is anyone else having the same problem ?

John
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

JOHN08 wrote:I cannot download the Antenati Website. Is anyone else having the same problem ?
John
I'm not having any problems. I've only just got home though, but it was working fine for me last time I used it to save images to my files. That was yesterday. Let me know if you are still having issues and the method you are using.
Angela :)
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Angela,

I was finally able to download the website (maybe a server problem ?). This is website is the best, for me anyway ?

John