Dual citizenship request at San Francisco Italian Consulate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gaetonc

Dual citizenship request at San Francisco Italian Consulate

Post by Gaetonc »

Does anyone have any experience with the Italian Consulate in San Francisco with regards to a request for dual citizenship via "iure sanguinis"?
Thank you,
Gaeton
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Dual citizenship request at San Francisco Italian Consulate

Post by suanj »

I helped some friend, and by my friend's experiences ...: the Consulate work very fast and very well..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Gaetonc

Post by Gaetonc »

Thank you for your quick reply. That's good to know.
Gaeton
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

In February of 2011, my companion received a timely appointment for August of the same year with the San Francisco Consulate and was then recognized within six weeks. However, his case going back to his immigrant Italian grand-father, was very straight forward and his documents had no discrepancies so the consulate had no comment other than, "Everything is in order". If you can also present a thoroughly complete, uncomplicated case, your recognition time is likely to be shorter than most but at this time, I don't know how long you may have to wait for an appointment at San Francisco because the officials working at the consulate have changed since 2011.
Gaetonc

Post by Gaetonc »

My appointment is March 16, 2017!
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

March 2017. As I expected and quite a long wait. Actually, the fact that the San Francisco Consulate was processing jure sanguinis applications fast and furiously just a few years ago may, in fact, have some political implications. I say that because just after the new administration in the USA was inaugurated in 2009, Nancy Pelosi was here in Italy in May of that year and was presented with her own grand-parents birth and marriage documents at a special ceremony broadcast on Italian TV. I don't know if she also became recognized as an Italian citizen at that time but I think it's possible she may have used her influence to help process speedy applications for her Italian-American constituents in San Francisco. On the day that my companion applied for his Italian passport at the vice consular office in Seattle, the official told us that they were proud to have already processed 100 passports for Italian-Americans just from Seattle. I might also mention that when Nancy Pelosi was inaugurated Speaker of the House in 2007, the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC threw a big party in her honor.
Tjoe

Post by Tjoe »

Is it possible to get the birth and marriage documents of Nancy Pelosi's grandparents? My research tells me that her great-grandfather and my grandfather, Michele Lombardi (1851-1923), were brothers, but I have no way to prove this.