Antonio LaFalce

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lam40502

Re: Antonio LaFalce

Post by lam40502 »

Hi Joyce,

I had checked Paginebianche.it and didn't find any LaFala listings. I was hoping that maybe that last "a" was really a "ce" written closely together, but the handwriting is so even and regular on the page that I knew it was a stretch! (Not to mention the fact that the age was off by about seven years...) :(

I had not seen the manifest you posted. If the age is correct, I have a feeling it is not "my" Antonio. Although I don't know his exact date of birth, his death certificate indicates that he was born in 1862 or 1863. I feel pretty confident about the immigration date of 1886-ish because his first child was born in 1886, and his next child was born 11 months after my great-grandmother and their first child immigrated. (I found those records, so I have that date of 24 Apr 1888.)

Maybe he just swam over... :D

Many thanks,
Leslee
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Leslee,

Our professional genealogist (Trish) says not to discount anything in a -/+ 10 range! .....May just want to hang onto that manifest. Besides a transcription error, there is also the possibility that he arrived in a port that is not online or through Canada & then down to NY.

Have you contacted the Salerno archive?

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
lam40502

Post by lam40502 »

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for the very good advice. I will most definitely hang onto it!

Having never contacted any archive in Italy, I was afraid the information I had wasn't good enough... However, I think maybe it's time to take your earlier advice and give that a whirl!

Thanks for your help,
Leslee
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Having his parents' names & approx. year of birth is enough. They'll do a search.

Go for it! :D
Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
lam40502

Post by lam40502 »

Will do! Thanks, Joyce!

Leslee
dommatula

Post by dommatula »

my name is theodore dominick matula, 89 yrs old. my father is nicola
matula from san gregorio magno, salerno italy came to usa about 1900
at age 13. settled in lower nyc and then brooklyn as a barber. i have
family tree dating back to 1802, surnames include lardi, deleo,tozzi,
moriello,padula,radano,etc.
address me at, dommatula@gmail.com for more info
Adrian1972

Post by Adrian1972 »

hello. My name is Adrian La Falce. My grand grandfather's name was Antonio La Falce, was Saint Arsenio, Salerno, Campania. His son was Arsenio La Falce, born in 1869. I wanted to know if anyone could provide some data to know more about them. Thanks
EscucharLeer fonéticamente

Diccionario - Ver diccionario detallado
Traducir cualquier sitio webBild.de-AlemaniaZamalek Fans-árabeG1 Globo-BrasilTom.com-ChinaFocus Online-AlemaniaUSA Today-Estados UnidosLos Angeles Times-Estados UnidosGuardian.co.uk-Reino UnidoMarmiton.org-FranciaBerlingske.dk-DinamarcaTelegraph.co.uk-Reino UnidoGotujmy.pl-polaco
Pablo Lafalce

Post by Pablo Lafalce »

lam40502 wrote:Hi Joyce,

I had checked Paginebianche.it and didn't find any LaFala listings. I was hoping that maybe that last "a" was really a "ce" written closely together, but the handwriting is so even and regular on the page that I knew it was a stretch! (Not to mention the fact that the age was off by about seven years...) :(

I had not seen the manifest you posted. If the age is correct, I have a feeling it is not "my" Antonio. Although I don't know his exact date of birth, his death certificate indicates that he was born in 1862 or 1863. I feel pretty confident about the immigration date of 1886-ish because his first child was born in 1886, and his next child was born 11 months after my great-grandmother and their first child immigrated. (I found those records, so I have that date of 24 Apr 1888.)

Maybe he just swam over... :D

Many thanks,
Leslee
Hi I'm looking also to Antonio Lafalce, he is my great-grandfather was born on March 26, 1868 in Castrovillari Cosenza Italy and Emigrated to America, not well where so if that married Maria Antonia Poglisa or Pogliza the day 15/04/1889, widowed on 08/07/1907 then moved to Argentina where he married my great grandmother Rosario Giosa the 26/06/1909 not know if you will serve the data I'm looking for the journey because what is , brothers of my great-grandfather went to USA one to Brazil and one to Argentina. Well I do not know how many brothers were when Antonio's father (my great great grandfather) was Domenico La Falce or Sunday Lafalce. A hug and I hope your answer.
Atte. Paul
chefjenn74

Post by chefjenn74 »

I have a great great grandfather named Antonio LaFalce as well. Trying to find more information especially about his son Nunzio but have hit road blocks. They were from Sant'Aresenio- Nunzio immigrated in 1922 to NY to live with his uncle Arsenio Amabile (His mothers name was Teresa). Is this the same thread?