Luparia/Morelli/Marcantonio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
graeme2905

Luparia/Morelli/Marcantonio

Post by graeme2905 »

I'm seeking anyone who might have information on the Luparia's (Leopari/Luparial) who came to Belfast in the Late 1800's. Paulo Luparia (father was Pompeo) married Angelina Morelli (Morrell) (parents were Giovanni (later John) Morelli and Maria (later Mary) Marcantonio). I believe that in the early 1900's Paolo and Angelina resided at D&A Forte's refreshment Saloon on the Crumlin Road before moving in with the Morellis on Nelson Street then Little Patrick Street.
Any information would be appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Luparia/Morelli/Marcantonio

Post by adelfio »

Is this the family
Residents of a house 32 in Patrick Street, Little (St. Anne's Ward, Antrim)
Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living
Morelli John 47 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Italy Organ Grinder Cannot Read - Married - - - -
Morelli Mary 48 Female Wife Roman Catholic Italy - Cannot Read - Married - 27 15 5
Leopari Angelina 23 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Belfast City Organ Grinder Read and write - Married - 4 2 1
Morelli Minnie 18 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Belfast City Organ Grinder Read and write - Single - - - -
Morelli John 15 Male Son Roman Catholic Belfast City Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Morelli Peter 1 Male Son Roman Catholic Belfast City - Cannot Read - Single - - - -
Leopari Antonio Male Grand Son Roman Catholic Belfast City - Cannot Read - Single - - - -
Lanni Constanzo 23 Male Lodger Roman Catholic France Organ Grinder Cannot Read - Single - - - -
Velgatti Chesier 69 Male Lodger Roman Catholic Italy Retired Organ Grinder Cannot Read - Widower - - - -
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
graeme2905

Post by graeme2905 »

Thanks for the reply. That's them. I already have a copy of both the 1901 and 1911 census returns and have found Giovanni and Maria's marriage record. Paolo seems to have disappeared in 1911 despite having a child with Angelina in Belfast in 1906 and 1913. I can find no trace of his father Pompeo who I believe was the first in the lineage to emigrate to Ireland but this is anecdotal only.
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

I have no info on the Luparia name, unfortunately, and haven't come across it in my research (I live in Belfast) but wondered if the family stayed in Ireland? If so, you may have some luck looking for death certificates through the General Registrars Office, or even finding a family grave can be useful - chances are if they stayed in Belfast that burials would have taken place in Milltown Cemetery. Not sure where you're based, so apologies if I'm stating the obvious and you've already explored these options! I'll keep an eye out for the name in any case.
valdez10

Post by valdez10 »

Hi Greame 2905,
In the 1911 censes of the Morelli family 32 Patrick St, that is my grandfathers family. My father was Peter who was 1year old at the time .Would dearly love a copy of the wedding cert or how you were able to obtain it of Giovanni and Marias wedding cert. Regarding the Leoparis I will obtain what information I can from my elder sisters who will know more than i.though I am certain we are linked to them in Casalattico. Hoping to hear from you
Joe Morelli
valdez10

Post by valdez10 »

Forgot to attach my e. mail in case you want it . josipie2@hotmail.com
valdez10

Italian marrage certs.

Post by valdez10 »

Could anyone help me to obtain a wedding cert that took place in Casalattico circa 1850.??
My e. mail if you preferred is josipie2@hotmail.com. T.U.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Try the Family History Library films of Italy, Frosinone, Casalattico - Civil registration Births, marriages, deaths, miscellaneous documents.Include indici annuali. Heres the film you need Matrimoni 1813-1861 Film#1173839

FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

ONLINE CLASS FOR TRANSLATING ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learningcenter ... 22Italy%22

FILMS FROM FHL OF Casalattico
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

In searching Italian civil records you have birth(nati) death(morte) marriage (matrimoni) by year most go from 1866-1910 some towns have other years. Indexes are found at the beginning or end of the year you are searching by index number and surname.There are also multi year indexes which combine 5 or 10 years of indexes
Babies are born then presented to the civil official of the town usually within a few days of birth for entry in the birth registry. If there is a problem and they cant register the birth act until much later they are entered in the Parte 2 for that year usually in the rear of the records and that record is usually handwritten. Sometimes there are sidenotes with marriage or death information or if the act has a mistake in it a correction to those mistakes
Marriage records include birth town, ages, occupations, parents names, if they are deceased
Death records have age parents if they were married and to whom and usually town of birth
Civil records are signed by the civil official and 2 witnesses not usually family members
The indexes for the churches in Italy of baptism and marriage and death are arranged by first name first (later years last name first) by year and date of the act and page and record number. Just find your person in the index and go back to the records to find the act you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
valdez10

Post by valdez10 »

Many thanks , for your help , It would be like winning the lotto if I ever find it.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The surnames you have listed can all be found in the area of Casalattico, Pontecorvo, Esperia, etc.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
AJLupari

Post by AJLupari »

I have read the information here on Luparia and Morelli and can tell you that the Luparia name lives on in Ireland. Shortened to Lupari the family is based in Magherafelt. My grandmother was Mary Perucci ( Flood) married to
My grandfather Antonio (Tony) Lupari(a). The family was moved out of Belfast during the blitz. The name has 2 lines from Uncle Paul ( Gino, Emmanuel, Amanda, Giovanni, Maria, Tony, Carlo and Gabriel and from my dad Louis ( Antonio Louigi Angelo Louisa Marina Caroleana). The family are renowned for terrazzo work which came from the Pierrucci links on my grandmother side of the family. It would be great to learn more about our family beyond my grandfather Antonio Lupari.