rosalia Cipollina?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

rosalia Cipollina?

Post by stokkster1 »

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639

I am going through the allegti for 1867 and found this DC for what looks like Girolama di Maggio's 1st wife who may have been a sister to his second wife can someone help me with the particulars? Looks like its dated Dec 22 1864 I see that it is in the presents of Francesco Licari, but is the second person Fransceco Pulejo? age 54?

looks like rosalia may have been 20 yrs old daughter of Antonio and Antonia ???????
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: rosalia Cipollina?

Post by liviomoreno »

I read that Rosolia (it is spelled with an "o") Vassilla (not Cipollina) died on Dec 15 1864 aged 20. She was the wife of Girolamo di Maggio and the daughter of Antonino and Antonina ???basso.
Presenters were Francesco Licari (51) and Francesco Pulejo (51).
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote:I read that Rosolia (it is spelled with an "o") Vassilla (not Cipollina) died on Dec 15 1864 aged 20. She was the wife of Girolamo di Maggio and the daughter of Antonino and Antonina ???basso.
Presenters were Francesco Licari (51) and Francesco Pulejo (51).
I agree with Rosolia Vassilla and the other details here, and I am wondering whether her mother's surname is actually meant to be Riccobono????? It is quite tricky to decipher.
Angela :)
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I see Vassella, not Vassilla. I suspect that the name was actually Vassallo, a common name in Palermo. The given name could be either Rosolia or Rosalia; these were often used interchangeably in Sicily at that time but Rosalia (the patron saint of Palermo) was far more common. Rosolio was more common as a man's name, though.

I agree that Riccobono is the most likely reading for the mother's surname.

The 2nd person who reported the death appears to have the surname "Pelisi." This could be either Palisi or Polisi, both found in Palermo province.