Help with Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dbotig

Help with Translation

Post by dbotig »

I need help translating a birth record I found for my great grandfather. I have other documents too, but I figured this was a good one to start with. I can get from the record his name (Clodomiro Arturo Bottiglione) and his address (223 Via Centrale) but beyond that I'm pretty lost. I'm not sure if the date at the top is his DOB or just the date his birth was documented. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Attachments
ClodomiroArturocropped.jpg
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with Translation

Post by paola52 »

April 3 1889
Castel del Monte
The midwife Eufrasia ? declares that at 10,15 pm of the previous day (April 2) a male child was born to Giuditta D’Angelo, possidente (poperty owner) wife of Giovanni Pasquale Bottiglione, possidente, both residing in Castel del Monte in via Centrale 223. To the child is given the name Clodomiro Arturo
The declarant states that she has assisted at the birth and that the father is away from the comune
The other names are those of the witnesses
The age of the parents is not given
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
dbotig

Post by dbotig »

Thank you, Paola! I appreciate your help.
oliviero

Post by oliviero »

to dbottig,
I am the grand daughter of Clodomiro Arturo Bottiglione. His son Giovanni Bottiglione was my dear father. I have the same birth certificate of Clodomiro and I know about his entry into Ellis island on three different dates. I would love to know more about him.
Luciana
oliviero

Post by oliviero »

to dbotig,
I am the grand daughter of Clodomiro Arturo Bottiglione. I saw your copy of his birth certificate which I also have. I am the daughter of Clodomiro's son Giovanni. Please contact me.