Same person or two different people?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dbotig

Same person or two different people?

Post by dbotig »

I found the death records of two Giampiatro's that both have the same parents. The only problem is they have two different dates of death. I don't speak Italian so I'm having the most trouble with the handwritten record. I am able to extract some info from the records, but I'm just wondering if I am misinterpreting the records. Are they the same person and I'm reading the dates wrong or are they different people and their parents named two of their children the same name?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
salveminif
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Same person or two different people?

Post by salveminif »

It was common practice that when a child died to give the next child born the same name. Allow me to suggest that you look for a death and birth record for the first child during the specified time frame of his/her birth and the next child's birth. Good luck
dbotig

Re: Same person or two different people?

Post by dbotig »

I didn't know that that was common practice, so thank you for that information. I think I have the birth record for the second child so they were never alive at the same time. It makes sense now! Thanks again.