Maddalena Branca arrived 1898 (Manifest)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Maddalena Branca arrived 1898 (Manifest)

Post by dizabrat »

Can anyone help me read this Manifest - I think I may have found something huge!

My Great great grandfather from Trenta - Achille Branca lived at 2491 Second Ave in NYC

This Manifest says Maddalena Branca came to US from Trenta 21 Jun 1898 on line 20
right above her looks like must be her husband line 19 but I cant read his name - they were going to Achille Branca -in-law at 2491 Second Ave in NYC!!!!!! and line 21 is their child, cant read that either.

How would she be related? they both say in-law?
Attachments
Maddalena Branca 21 Jun 1898.png
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Maddalena Branca arrived 1898 (Manifest)

Post by erudita74 »

I read Ippolito Li Trenta

Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Like Erudita, I also read Ippolito Li Trenta. The little girl is possibly Antonietta.

Angela
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dizabrat »

Thank you, I believe you are both right. Thank you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are very welcome for the help. Do you use Family Search? Have you seen this:

Archille Branca
mentioned in the record of Achille Branca and Teresa Quattromani
Name
Achille Branca
Event Type
Marriage
Event Date
27 Nov 1904
Event Place
Manhattan, New York, New York, United States
Marital Status
Single
Race
White
Birth Year (Estimated)
Birthplace
Italy
Father's Name
Ferdinando
Mother's Name
Maria Rogato
Spouse's Name
Teresa Quattromani
Spouse's Gender
Female
Spouse's Age
Spouse's Marital Status
Single
Spouse's Race
White
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated)
Spouse's Birthplace
Italy
Spouse's Father's Name
Fedele
Spouse's Mother's Name
Maria Rosa Montalto
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24M5-5MY

Archille Branca New York Passenger Arrival Lists: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6BB-Q27

You can sift through the following for the correct Achille Branca (your gr8gr8grand), the brotherinlaw mentioned in the Manifest you posted (brother of Maddalena, I'm guessing?): https://familysearch.org/search/record/ ... e%3Abranca~

Angela :)
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dizabrat »

Yes, I finally found a sibling (although only 1)..... Im very excited. Guess being snow bound with 30" of snow gave me the time to sit and work on it. Thank you so much for your help.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dizabrat wrote:Thank you, I believe you are both right. Thank you!
Happy to have helped.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dizabrat wrote:Yes, I finally found a sibling (although only 1)..... Im very excited. Guess being snow bound with 30" of snow gave me the time to sit and work on it. Thank you so much for your help.
You are very welcome. That's great that you have found a sibling. Hopefully you will find more. Often names haven't been data entered correctly on Family Search, so be aware of that. Also, if you are looking out for census forms etc, often the person who has written the information, may have written the name down phonetically, so watch out for that as well. (Our immigrants didn't always know how to write.) Stay warm, and let us know if you are needing any further help.

Angela :)
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

My first cousins are the Branca family from Wilmington, Delaware. However their name has been Americanized and it's now Brank. Our family is from Abruzzo, however there are no people listed in the Abruzzo white pages named Branca so my Branca (Brank) relatives could be members of the same family from Trenta.
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dizabrat »

Hi Jennabet, thanks for you reply and information. I have most of my relatives are from Trenta or Feruci. I havent found yet where the name has changed to be more Americanized. Just the first names, like Ive noticed where Giuseppe became Joseph and Fillipo became Philip as the years went by. Its so hard to contact relatives after 1940 census. I have traced people on the 1920/1930/1940 census with young children that I know are my relatives but the trail ends in 1940... I emailed a few people on face book telling them what I knew and asked them if this was in fact my family but have had no responses.