Salvatore went to America to earn money and establish himself so he could send for his fiancée

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nrepole
Veteran
Veteran

Salvatore went to America to earn money and establish himself so he could send for his fiancée

Post by nrepole »

The sentence I would like to translate into Italian:
"Salvatore went to America to earn money and establish himself so he could send for his fiancée."
(that is, so he could send his fiancée over from Italy to live with him)

My attempt:
"Salvatore è andato in America per guadagnare denaro e sistematosi,in modo da poter far chiamare la sua fidanzata.

any help will be much appreciated
Surnames: Repole, Pinto, Patrissi, Schettino, Garofano, Gambuti, Parente. Towns: Rapone, Guardia Sanframondi, San Lorenzo Maggiore
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Salvatore went to America to earn money and establish himself so he could send for his fiancée

Post by liviomoreno »

nrepole wrote:The sentence I would like to translate into Italian:
"Salvatore went to America to earn money and establish himself so he could send for his fiancée."
(that is, so he could send his fiancée over from Italy to live with him)

My attempt:
"Salvatore è andato in America per guadagnare denaro e sistemarsi, in modo da poter far arrivare la sua fidanzata.

any help will be much appreciated
nrepole
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Salvatore went to America to earn money and establish himself so he could send for his fiancée

Post by nrepole »

Again, thank you Livio for your kind help.
Surnames: Repole, Pinto, Patrissi, Schettino, Garofano, Gambuti, Parente. Towns: Rapone, Guardia Sanframondi, San Lorenzo Maggiore