Help With Birth Record #29

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Help With Birth Record #29

Post by 32deuce »

I need some help translating the vital parts of birth record number 29, (Rosa Letizia?). i.e. date of birth, and parents names.

Here is a link to the page: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043630

My ultimate goal is to find the birth record of Rosa Di Spazio, Daughter of Francesco Saverio and Letizia Venera. This record looks close enough I thought I would reach out for some help in translating it.

Thank you all! :D
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help With Birth Record #29

Post by Tessa78 »

Dated 11 May 1872 at 10 AM at the town office in Capodrise
Appearing before the official was Venera Letizia [ daughter of deceased Francesco], 33, spinner residing in Capodrise, to declare that on the 8th of the above month of May, at 4 AM, at the home at Via L'Olivo of property-owner D[on] Nicola Comune(sp?), was born a female child, who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name ROSA.

NOTE: This child's name was Rosa Letizia. (Letizia being the surname)
The record does not specifically identify a father that I can see.

T.
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 32deuce »

Tessa, thank you so much. I belive this is who I am looking for. I will post in the geneology section to see if anyone has ideas as to why the change in name etc. later on in her life.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

32deuce wrote:Tessa, thank you so much. I belive this is who I am looking for. I will post in the geneology section to see if anyone has ideas as to why the change in name etc. later on in her life.
She was probably "recognized" by the father later. This is a legal recognition, and she would have been given his surname.
Check the supplements at the end of the regular births for the year of birth and the years following her birth. Could have happened anytime. If she was married with the Di Spazio surname, then it would be sometime before then.

T.
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 32deuce »

That makes total sense. Thank you for that insight! I will begin looking in the supplements to see if I can find the recognition. You have been so helpful!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help! :-D

Another thought... if you can find the Allegati (attachments) to her marriage act, you might find a recognition there. It would be needed to identify her because her birth act would have her surname as Letizia.

T.
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 32deuce »

That is once again very helpful! Where would one find the Allegati? Is it only in the Comune or are they online?

I think part of why I am confused is she was given her mothers surname at birth, and her name when married was "Di Spazio" but her father's name on the marriage act is "Saverio" https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043630

However, I will keep looking to see if I can track it down.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I had already found the marriage act and took a look.

The name Francesco Saverio is her father's given name, and his surname would be di Spazio.
You will notice the same format for the groom's father, just Salvatore is written as the surname is understood as the same as the groom unless noted otherwise.

The allegati are listed on some of the online sites with the nati, morti, and matrimoni records. However, they are ALL not online.

Another thought is to look for a marriage between Francesco Saverio di Spazio and Venera Letizia. In the marriage record there would have been a recognition of the child(ren) born before their marriage.

T.
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 32deuce »

WOW! You have been so helpful. I really can't thank you enough. I now have multiple places to look and I feel like this is all promising.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Enjoy the journey! :-)

T.
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 32deuce »

Tessa, I just wanted to thank you for the ideas of how to track down the recognition. After much searching, i was able to find a marriage record of her parents after her birth that did include the father, francesco, recgonizing her.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

32deuce wrote:Tessa, I just wanted to thank you for the ideas of how to track down the recognition. After much searching, i was able to find a marriage record of her parents after her birth that did include the father, francesco, recgonizing her.
Wonderful news! :D

T.