Frosinone or Roma providence or not? Where to find records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PurrfectMeow
Rookie
Rookie

Frosinone or Roma providence or not? Where to find records?

Post by PurrfectMeow »

Can anyone help me? I have who my ancestors parents are, but cannot find anything on them or find a birth record of my ancestor. His name was Joseph Abbo and he lived in niagara falls, NY and Lyons, Ny for 2 years after immigrating, according to obituary and was born in rome, according to obituary. I think despite surname being Abballe instead of Abbo, that this is him arriving, but I am not 100% sure:

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7 I think these are relatives of this Giuseppe Abballe arriving (based on names and coming from same place.) A possible brother or cousin with name of Dominico is also arriving next year on same ship. http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7 and another slightly older Giuseppe arriving on same ship a month after Dominco Abballe http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7 Cannot make out most of what is on these manifests, but did see NY in them all I believe. Would love to know where or to whom the first Giuseppe is heading to if it could be mine. Have not been for sure able to find any siblings of his.

Reason I think it's mine is despite Monte San Giovanni Campano, being in Frosinone providence is that that is very near a place called his ss application lists of his birth place as Aladri, Rome, Italy. . I cannot find any place called Aladri, I think its actually Alatri, in Frosinone providence SSD card also has his mothers surname as Pretrain instead of Paris, which is no such italian surname, so maybe he just didn't give accurate info on it for whatever reason.

Also, passenger manifest says southern italian for nationality, if he was from Rome, wouldn't he be northern italian? Perhaps Rome was just where he lived for a while and he was born in Cerda like his wife ( i have her birth records and her parents birth records already)? Though, if they had known each other prior I can't imagine why they would wait until almost 5 years after his arrival to marry.

There is also a problem of conflicting birth dates. SSDI says born December, 23, 1896. as does his findagrave and ss card app. However ww1 draft reg has different birthdate, of September 25, 1894, yet I'm pretty sure it's him due to same city and same place of employment as listed in obit.

I have uploaded the ss card and the ww1 draft card below, and this is his marriage record, where you can see mothers surnme looks more italian sounding then pretrain. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XVPD-ZN1 Can someone help me determine if I have the correct arrival record or a likely place of birth please? Would love to know also if are records online for Roma or Frosinone providences as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Frosinone or Roma providence or not? Where to find records?

Post by Italysearcher »

You still have to complete your USA search before you begin in Italy. Especially since you believe his surname was changed. There are three ABBO in today's phone book in Rome, so maybe it wasn't.
If you are sure about the SS app being his then you should be searching Alatri. You won't find these records on line and the Mormons don't have birth acts for 1896. You will need to write to the Comune of Alatri.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is an address you can use to request records from Alatri :-)

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore, 2
03011 Alatri (FR)
ITALY

T.
PurrfectMeow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PurrfectMeow »

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. Had a death in family shortly after and forgot I had posted this. Thank you for the replies, however I am still confused.

A google search brings up this http://www.italyworldclub.com/lazio/frosinone/ if I'm understanding it right Frosinone providence did not yet exist when my ancestor was born. I assume at the time my ancestor was born (either 1894 or 1896) Alatri was part of Roma providence? I can see that now Roma records are online. Therefore his record would have to be in with the roma records on this site, correct? http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... no/however I am unsure where, exactly the ones I need to look through would be. I see no Monte Sacro or Alatri listed.

My thoughts are he likely was born in Monte Sacro, Roma, Italy and moved to Alatri, Frosinone(Roma at the time?), Italy or vice versa. Google maps shows them being a little over an hour apart so it could be either. Ideally I'd like to search through both to find his birth record.

As far as getting more records in the us, I cannot find anymore records then what I have posted. As far as writing, I don't know italian and it looks like the record must be online now, just not sure where exactly. Thank you for the help. Hoping someone can point me to the right place to look on that site.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Monte Sacro is a quarter of the city of Rome your record should be there in the records of Rome
Indici decennali (nati) 1892-1901 (A-C) 2280907 Items 7 - 8 this just the index

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PurrfectMeow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PurrfectMeow »

Thank you for the reply. I looked just now, up to image 10 and it seems the Ab* records end before then and there are no abballe's or abbo's. Not sure if more Ab* records could be mixed in elsewhere there or if many records are missing index or what. Would the records from Alatri also be in this index?
PurrfectMeow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PurrfectMeow »

Just looked at all marriage records from 1883-1895 here http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ni+indice/ invidually as well as the ones together here http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 3.jpg.html I was hoping to find his parents marriage record, however there doesn't seem to be any abbo's or abballe's or anything that looks like it could be my ancestors in the Ab* range. Some similar names, but nothing with a father/spouse dominico and mother/spouse Mary in births or marriages. Not sure if anyone can help further with what possible surname could be or another location to look.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Alatri records are in Alatri. They are not with Rome or any other city or Province. To get information on persons who were born or married or died in Alatri you need to write to Alatri at the address provided by Tessa.
If you need help with this email me privately as I live near Alatri.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Try this email for Monte San Giovanni Campano (Frosinone) also for info you seek

Ufficio di stato civile/anagrafe
Comune di Monte San Giovanni Campano
Piazza Guglielmo Marconi 1
03025 Monte San Giovanni Campano (FR)

email:servizidemografici@alice.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Giuseppe Abballe di Domenico
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Monte San Giovanni Campano. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Giuseppe Abballe
Nome e cognome del padre: Domenico Abballe
Luogo di nascita: Monte San Giovanni Campano
Data di nascita: 1894-1896
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you need this email

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Alatri
Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore, 2
03011 Alatri (FR)
ITALY

email: alberto.vinci@comune.alatri.fr.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Giuseppe Abballe di Domenico
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Alatri. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Giuseppe Abballe
Nome e cognome del padre: Domenico Abballe
Luogo di nascita: Alatri
Data di nascita: 1894-1896
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty
PurrfectMeow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PurrfectMeow »

Just wanted to come back and say thank you for the contact info and all the help. I did send an email to the first one and am waiting to hear back, though I did not include a photo id I did include my full name. I guess if I don't hear back, at least theres hope soon the records will be added to antenati. Rome records weren't on there a year ago either I don't think.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

If they are uploaded to antenati they will just be the records that LDS has already filmed. If you need any of the missing records you will have to write to the town.
Ann Tatangelo