G'Day All,
Just wondering if anyone has any information about the following surnames. The actual people I am looking for are husband and wife Domenico Giachin and Lucia Fioretti,husband and wife Antonio Giachin and Milotich Fosca and husband and wife Domenico and Francesca Sponza. I believe they lived around the Rivigno and Trieste areas of Italy. Do not know much else except Lucia moved and died in Australia.Have a nice day.
Cheers.
SPONZA/GIACHIN/FOSCA/FIORETTI
- dmandml2000
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Feb 2006, 00:00
- Location: australia
Re: SPONZA/GIACHIN/FOSCA/FIORETTI
Hello there
Do you have any dates at all? Lucia more than likely was naturlized have you checked National Archives of Australia website www.naa.gov.au.
Good Luck, I am finding it is very hard to trace Italian ancestors who emigrated to Australia, but if you can give dates I will keep an eye out for you
Regards
Do you have any dates at all? Lucia more than likely was naturlized have you checked National Archives of Australia website www.naa.gov.au.
Good Luck, I am finding it is very hard to trace Italian ancestors who emigrated to Australia, but if you can give dates I will keep an eye out for you
Regards
-
Cfarabegoli
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 19 May 2020, 19:14
Re: SPONZA/GIACHIN/FOSCA/FIORETTI
Both surnames Sponza and Milotich are typically Istrian surnames from Rovigno (not Rivigno), currently Croatian Republic. Most people from the area emigrated in the late 1940s once the region was given to (what was at the time) Yugoslavia. You can find pictures of some Sponza here http://www.ipac.regione.fvg.it/aspx/Vie ... ondoCerca= and there's about 500 years of church records also available online here https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D2040054