Marriage Record Molfetta 1815

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Marriage Record Molfetta 1815

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hello Everyone!

I am still hard at work trying to expand my family tree. I just came across a marriage record that I need a some assistance with the translation. This is what I was able to understand:

Date of Marriage: January 3, 1815

Groom: Vito Sciancalepore, age 62, widower of Isabella Messina, son of the late Corrado Sciancalepore and Isabella La Forgia.

Bride: Maria Domenica Cappolecchia, age 58, widow of Michelle Messina, daughter of the late Saverio and Chiara Cale.

There is an awful lot of other names and dates mentioned but I don't know what it all means. If I can have a little help with any other translation that I missed, I would be very appreciative.

Here is the link:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record Molfetta 1815

Post by erudita74 »

Sue
What you have here are the names and death dates of the former spouses (since both the groom and bride were widowed, as well as the names and death dates of their parents and grandparents. Hope I have all of them.

For the groom:
1. Isabella Messina d. Oct 13, 1814 (his former wife)
2. Corrado Sc.-his father d. Jan 3, 1806
3. his mother Isabella La Forgia d. Sept 3, 1765
He was the grandson of dec Mauro Sergio Sc. and dec Pasqua Licca. Also of dec Vito La Forgia and dec Pasqua Allegretti
a. Mauro Sergio Sc. died Aug 2, 1770
b. Pasqua Licca d. Dec 21, 1770
c. Vito La Forgia d. Sept 17, 1746
d. Pasqua Allegretti d. Dec 7, 1750

For the bride:
1. Michele Messina d. Feb 2, 1806 (her former husband)
2. dec Saverio -her father-d. Nov 11, 1794
3. dec Chiara-her mother d. May 25, 1798
She was the granddaughter of dec Domenico C. and dec Margherita Spagnoletta and also of dec Francesco Cale` and dec Annantonia de Roberta
dates of their deaths-
Aug 1, 1736
Jan 8, 1750
Feb 10, 1760
Jan 7, 1760

Hope this helps. I have never before seen so many names and death dates given in a single record.
Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for that information !!!!! Vito's grandparents are my direct ancestors (8 generations). That records alone gave me so much for my tree that I never thought I would have.

I thank you for the time it took to answer my question.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, Sue. What a gold mine! Happy to have been part of this.
Erudita