Catholic Churches in Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mary76114

Post by mary76114 »

Is there a main catholic church where you can obtain information or do you need to go through church in ancestors town? I can not locate town where they are from. Road block. Thank You Mary McNett
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Please respond to personal message. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

sorry for the confusion. Yes local churches and what time period and for what town and surname are you talking about. Peter
mary76114

Post by mary76114 »

Peter
<BR>
<BR> I don\'t know what town they are from so I was wondering if there was a main Church in Italy that would have the records for any of the following. The Sacrament of Baptism . The Sacrament of Reconcilliation or Penance. The Sacrament of First Communion 4. The Sacrament of Confirmation or Chrismation. This is my brick wall. I have filed a form 81 but I\'m not sure how long it takes to get it back
<BR> Thank You for your help
<BR> Mary
Mary Mc Nett
mary76114

Post by mary76114 »

Sorry Peter I forgot to tell you it\'s for 1880 and 1885
<BR> Mary
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Mary something is amiss here. You do not give me any names or places. what information beyond catholic church records are you looking for? Please be forthcoming. Why the rush for NARA response? Are you a consultant? Peter
mary76114

Post by mary76114 »

<BR>
<BR>Peter the names I\'m looking for are Grottola and Muna, and no nothing is amiss. I can\'t not find them listed anywhere. There is not a real rush as far as getting the info except that I\'d like to be able to tell family memeber soon. She is old and not feeling to great. I am looking to find out date on both grandfather 1880 and grandmother 1885 and place of births and any other info I can find. They did not come to America through New York as I looked at ellisisland, and their first place of residents is Maine (I\'ve been told anyways). I know the church has certain records but I don\'t know place of birth so I don\'t know the church. What I wanted to know was, Is there a main church in Italy that would have such records? And no I\'m not a consultant. Mary
<BR>
<BR>
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

No there is no main repository for records each town has its own civil and church records. I understand what you are saying but if they are alive is there any way of knowing if they came thru Canada or Boston?? Did you go to the Mormon church Family History Library for microfilm records of Boston if you don\';t want to wait. uisually it takes 2-3 weeks. Please concentrate on how they enetered the USA. You know that woman never lose their dientity so she would have been admitted in her single name. Peter
mary76114

Post by mary76114 »

Peter
<BR> No that are not alive. Would she have used her maiden name even if she was traveling with 2 children 4 yrs and 6 mos. And with her mother?
<BR> Thanks Mary
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes all italian women retain their identity only their childrern assume fathers surname. Her mother would have also traveled in her maiden name and her daughters surname would be her fathers name (her maiden name). Peter
mary76114

Post by mary76114 »

Thanks for all your help Peter. I\'ll look for her in her maiden name Mary
Mary Mc Nett
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

hope it works out for you. Peter
grannybirdie

RE: FAMOUS STREET IN NAPLES - SPERANZELLA

Post by grannybirdie »

I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION ON A STREET IN NAPLES CALLED SPERANZELLA. THAT IS MY MAIDEN NAME. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS,
GRANNYBIRDIE,
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: RE: FAMOUS STREET IN NAPLES - SPERANZELLA

Post by suanj »

grannybirdie wrote:I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION ON A STREET IN NAPLES CALLED SPERANZELLA. THAT IS MY MAIDEN NAME. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS,
GRANNYBIRDIE,
Via Speranzella (Speranzella street) in Naples/Italy, in Spanish quarter of Naples (Spanish quarters are so called why, in the past Naples was occuped from Real house of Spain)is so called why in this street are an church very ancient called Santa Maria della Speranza (Saint Mary of Hope) and the people call it "Speranzella" meaning little hope...
regards, suanj
sicily57

Re: Catholic Churches in Italy

Post by sicily57 »

8) Hi,

Does anyone have the correct name and address for the church in the town of Castellammare del Golfo? My father,Stefano Pecorella was born there in 1927, and I'd like to write for the birth records.How much does it cost?
Thanks,
Mary Anne
MaryAnne