Help with Translating Zuccolotto records

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tpiskor

Help with Translating Zuccolotto records

Post by tpiskor »

I'm not sure how I need to do this, I need your help :) I'm doing research on my Grandfather Vigilante Zuccolotto and Great Grandfather Antonio Zuccolotto and Great Great Grandfather Giovanni from Lentiai BL Italy. I have a big family reunion coming up and need to get these translated to English so I find more information on other family members. I would like to do a book and have both the original in Italian next to the English version. I've tried to add the files but its giving me an error message that the file is too big. How do I add the file if its too big? Thank you so much for your time.

Trudy
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with Translating Zuccolotto records

Post by Tessa78 »

Try using an image sharing site such as http://www.postimage.org

Upload your image, then copy and paste the URL for "thumbnail for forum" to this post.

T.
tpiskor

Post by tpiskor »

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Welcome to the forum!

Here are the details from the first record:

Marriage Act No 21: Antonio Zuccolotto with Mansueta Savaris
Lentiai: 7 August 1904, 9.14 am
Groom: Antonio Zuccolotto, celibe (unmarried), aged 25, contadino (peasant farmer), born in Boschi, residing in Boschi, son of Giovanni, residing Boschi, and the deceased Domenica Tres who was residing in Boschi (when living).

Bride: Mansueta Savaris, nubile (unmarried), 23 yo, contadina (peasant farmer), born in Boschi, residing in Boschi, daughter of Pietro, residing in Boschi, and the deceased Maria Sbardelotto who was residing in Boschi (when living).

Witnesses: Francesco Marcer, son of the deceased Francesco, 68 yo, Vice Segretario (Deputy Secretary), and Marco Lomitta, son of the late Salvatore, 36yo, Cursore????, both living in this town.

The marriage banns were posted in this town for two Sundays, 19 and 26 June 1904.

https://postimg.org/image/kvm7q72b5/

Angela:-0
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Birth Record No 34: Luigi Zuccolotto

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Here's the third document that you have linked here:

Birth No 34: Luigi Zuccolotto
Lentiai: 22 May 1906, 7.16 am
Appearing was Antonio Zuccolotto, son of Giovanni, 37 yo, contadino (peasant farmer) living in Boschi, to report that at 10.36 am on 21? of the current month, at a house in Boschi, to Mansueta Savaris, daughter of the late Pietro, his wife, a contadina, living together, was born a baby boy, who he (Antonio) presented to the offical and gave the name Luigi.

Witnesses:
Marco Stella, son of Giovanni, 50, Segretario and Francesco Basa, son of Gaudenzio?, 47 yo, possidente (landowner), both residing in this town.

Side note: On 13/15? January 1931 marriage was celebrated with Liboria Elena Tres in Lentiai, Index No 5.
https://postimg.org/image/q3s9mwedt/

So there is now just the middle link that needs to be transcribe and there are two records on it. Are you wanting both records transcribed? If you can let us know then I'm sure someone will pick up on it. It blurrs a little when I zoom in.

Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:...Marco Lomitta, son of the late Salvatore, 36yo, Cursore
https://books.google.it/books?id=BPguAA ... re&f=false
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record No 34: Luigi Zuccolotto

Post by mmogno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:... at 10.36 am on 21 ("ventiun") of the current month

Witnesses:
Marco Stella, son of Giovanni, 50, Segretario and Francesco Pasa, son of Gaudenzio, 47 yo, possidente (landowner), both residing in this town.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

So basically the first two records I have translated here are correct, except I'd misread Francesco Pasa's surname to start with a "B" and not a "P"! Thank you for catching that mmogno. Interesting that ventuno is spelt "ventiun" in this record, which is unusual.

Anyways, here is one record from the middle link. I'll post No 6 shortly - I just need to check on something there.

Marriage Act No 5: Giovanni Zuccolotto with Domenica Tres
Lentiai, Province of Belluno: 10 February 1878, 1.45 pm

Groom: Giovanni Zuccolotto, 23yo, villico (peasant farmer), born in Boschi di Colderu', residing Boschi di Colderu', son of Silvestro, residing in Boschi di Colderu', and Maria Bertuol, residing Boschi di Colderu'

Bride: Domenica Tres, 23yo, villica (peasant farmer), born Boschi di Colderu', residing Boschi di Colderu', daughter of Paolo, residing Boschi di Colderu', and of Maddalena Cotte, Boschi di Colderu'

Witnesses: Francesco Marcer, son of the deceased Franceso, 41, Scrittore (Writer), and Giacomo Costa, son of deceased Agostino, 56 yo, possidente (landowner), both living in the town.

The marriage banns were posted in this town on the two Sundays, 30 December 1877 and on 6 January (1878) (prossimo passato – present perfect)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marriage No 6: Pietro Tres with Bernardina Zuccolotto
Lentiai, Province of Belluno: 16 February 1878, 1.37 pm
Groom: Pietro Tres, 22yo, villico, born in Boschi di Colderu', residing in Boschi di Colderu', son of the deceased Lino who was residing in Boschi di Colderu' (when living), and Francesca ???, residing in Boschi di Colderu'

Bride: Bernardina Zuccolotto, 20yo, villica, born in Boschi di Colderu', residing in Boschi di Colderu', daughter of Bernardo, residing Boschi di Colderu', and Teresa Cotte, residing in Boschi di Colderu'

Witnesses:
Francesco Marcer, son of deceased Francesco, 41 yo, Scrittore (Writer), and Eduardo Zambaldi, son of deceased Luigi, 53 yo, farmacista (pharmacist), both living in the town.

The marriage banns were posted in this town on the two Sundays, 6 and 13 February 1878.

All the best with the Family Reunion!

tpiskor

Post by tpiskor »

Angela,
In a matter of minutes reading your translation I have broke through many brick walls! I should of done this month's ago. You are a blessing, I am sending a big hug to you :) even though I never met my grandfather Vigilante ( he died a few years before I was born) I know he is helping me find good people like you to help me and to carry on our legacy. A million thank you's. Have a blessed day
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I am very happy for you. (You have brought tears to my eyes.) It was a privilege to help and I hope you have blessed day too.

(If I figure out Francesca's surname, I'll come back and post it. Sometimes having a break and then coming back to a document it is clear.)

Edit: Francesca's surname looks like Ferraza but it looks like today it is spelt "Ferrazza". Maybe that rings another bell for you. I hope so:-0

Best regards and wishes
Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Maddalena Colle and Teresa Colle...
tpiskor

Post by tpiskor »

Thank you, you guys are awesome! Have a blessed day :)
tpiskor

Post by tpiskor »

Good evening :)

Sorry if I am doing this all wrong, not sure if I keep adding to this thread or do I make a new subject for each of my request? I found the wedding publication for Giovanni Zuccolotto, can some one help translate please?
Thanks so much, you are the best!

Trudy
tpiskor

Post by tpiskor »