More translation help for letter

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

More translation help for letter

Post by Petrarca »

Hello again...if anyone who speaks and write GOOD Italian could translate this, I'd be most appreciative!! :-)

Dear Sir,

As you may already know, I am from Warwick, Rhode Island and I am in the process of obtaining Italian citizenship. I have been informed by the consulate here in America that all my paperwork has been forwarded to Fornelli for final processing.
It is very important to me to get an Italian passport soon, and I would appreciate it very much if you would be so kind as to register my documents and send me confirmation of my status as an Italian citizen as soon as possible.

Thank you very much,

Ron
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: More translation help for letter

Post by elba »

Petrarca wrote:Hello again...if anyone who speaks and write GOOD Italian could translate this, I'd be most appreciative!! :-)

Dear Sir,

As you may already know, I am from Warwick, Rhode Island and I am in the process of obtaining Italian citizenship. I have been informed by the consulate here in America that all my paperwork has been forwarded to Fornelli for final processing.
It is very important to me to get an Italian passport soon, and I would appreciate it very much if you would be so kind as to register my documents and send me confirmation of my status as an Italian citizen as soon as possible.

Thank you very much,

Ron

Hi Ron,
This should meet your needs... I've given you a choice of two 'sign off's'
Hope it's helpful.

[align=justify]Egregrio signore

Come puo darsi lei sa di gia, Io abito a Warwick, Rhode Island (Stati Uniti) e sto cercando di ottenere la citadinaza Italiana. Il Consolato qui in America m’ha informato che tutti i documenti miei sono state mandate a Fornelli per il processo finale di esse.

E molto importante per me di ottenere un passaporto Italiano il piu presto possibile, ed per questo ragione gradirei la registrazione delle mie documenti dalla parte sua e la spedizione della confirmazione della mia stao civile come un citadino Italiano il piu presto possibile.

Mille grazie (or) Distinti Saluti
[/align]
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Elba,

Welcome to this forum! :D

I just had an Italian friend of mine read your post and he said it's an excellent translation to the letter.

I'm glad you decided to help out and hope you'll stay. We have a good team, but can always use more talented people!

By the way, I see you're from Italy. Lucky you!

Let us know if you need anything! :D :D

Nuccia :D
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Thanks so much ELBA!! :-)
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

Elba's translation is perfect but there are a few typos and missing accents:
cittadinanza, cittadino, stato, più, può, già, and È .

Maria
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Xaymara wrote:Elba's translation is perfect but there are a few typos and missing accents:

Maria
Maria is quite right about the missing accents....unfortunately I am having to use a UK manufactured keyboard at the moment - I have ordered a new pc compatible Italian 'layout' keyboard (which is quite different in many aspects to the one I have), and I hope it will be here within a few days.
So please accept my apologies.

And thank you Maria - I was (ashamedly :oops: ) aware of the typo's, but can't find how I can 'edit' my own posts if required. Other forums I use all have the 'edit' facility available after posting, or at least for a couple of hours.

Elba
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

elba wrote:
Xaymara wrote:Elba's translation is perfect but there are a few typos and missing accents

Maria
Maria is quite right about the missing accents....unfortunately I am having to use a UK manufactured keyboard at the moment - I have ordered a new pc compatible Italian 'layout' keyboard (which is quite different in many aspects to the one I have), and I hope it will be here within a few days.
So please accept my apologies.

And thank you Maria - I was (ashamedly oops ) aware of the typo's, but can't find how I can 'edit' my own posts if required. Other forums I use all have the 'edit' facility available after posting, or at least for a couple of hours.

Elba
:oops: Am I 'blind or what'?????
I've just noticed the 'EDIT' button on the top r/h corner of my posts....

"duh"! :roll:
Never fear - I'm only usually like this when Good Friday falls on a Sunday -
:P

Elba
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Egregrio signore

Come puo darsi lei sa di gia, Io abito a Warwick, Rhode Island (Stati Uniti) e sto cercando di ottenere la citadinaza Italiana. Il Consolato qui in America m’ha informato che tutti i documenti miei sono stati mandati a Fornelli per il processo finale di esse.

E molto importante per me di ottenere un passaporto Italiano il piu presto possibile, ed per questo ragione gradirei la registrazione delle mie documenti dalla parte sua e la spedizione della confirmazione della mia stao civile come un citadino Italiano il piu presto possibile.

Mille grazie (or) Distinti Saluti
Egregio Signore

può darsi lei sappia già di me, io abito a Warwick, Rhode Island (Stati Uniti) e sto cercando di ottenere la citadinanza Italiana.

Il Consolato qui in America m’ha informato che tutti i miei documenti sono state mandati a Fornelli per il procedimento finale.

E' molto importante per me ottenere il passaporto Italiano al più presto possibile, e per questa ragione gradirei la sua registrazione dei miei documenti e la spedizione della conferma del mio stato civile di cittadino Italiano appena possibile.

Ringraziando ed in attesa di una risposta, porgo distinti saluti
[hr]
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

suanj,
Thank you so much for your kind corrections to my translation for Ron.

:?: So it is (or appears to be), acceptable on this forum to correct anothers work. That is the case isn't it?

Is that just for new members - or for all?

Elba.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

This is no corrections, it is my personal version of translation: the forum is free.
If I made the translation is because I'm italian, and is better a good italian, because I already know the Petrarca case/story, and also in the past I make for he the translations.
This is for all, because the forum is FREE, and who have more knowdlege about a argument, well it give for better knowdlege of all and for better to help.. this is for all, absolutely.
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

as you say:
"Is that just for new members - or for all?" but I'm not new member, and I have until this moment 2522/3 replies so, I know as I must are here... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

suanj wrote:as you say:
"Is that just for new members - or for all?" but I'm not new member, and I have until this moment 2522/3 replies so, I know as I must are here... suanj
Suanj
What I meant was - is it OK to correct (as in this case) a new members work, or is 'anyone' able to correct 'anyones' work in ANY language? Oh and BTW "or for all" means people like you who are 'old hands'! - did you miss that?

So as I understand then (thank you for your explanation), that as it's a free board then it is acceptable if it means that the recipient of any translation is left in no doubt whatsoever of the translators work, interpretation or intention. Is that right?

Thank you for your guidance in this matter.

Elba.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, elba,
simply:
1.anyone here can give the own apport for to help;

2.if a member read some reply and it think that is better for more help to topic's author a further reply well, all is welcome here... this let understand us that all the answers of all members here, well are finalized only for to offer the better help possible second the own knowdlege of matter.

3.After the topic's author it will choose the answer that for he is helpful.

4.In this case, as already saying, the help was about a letter in GOOD italian language: well the help is always open here; if another member think that is possible to make better again, well!

5. In specific case: if a new member think that can give a good help with good knowdlege of matter, well, always welcome; if it think that can give only a simple reply thinking that is a good help, also welcome; but always it must accept the other replies. If he think (always for better to help the topic's author), that a further reply of another member is no good and no helpful for topic's author, if it is sure about own knowdlege of matter, well he can to explane with arguments and sources... also this is possible, and it happens continuously, and anyone can to learn from other right replies, and always remembering that the replies are for to help the peoples. Here not there are knowdlege's hierarchies (in good sense), but it is implicit that however are the roles & rules.

Regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Thank you suanj for that concise clarification.
I shall bear your words in mind when either translating items myself or, as you have done, when/if I notice mistakes, poor translations or explanations of items/requests for help posted by other people - whether they are new or seasoned members. After all, we are all professional aren't we?

As you so succinctly point out - The prime aim must always be what is in the best interests of the person who requests help.

One further question - if I may?
Your Point #1 says:" 1.anyone here can give the own apport for to help;"

Forgive me, but despite the fact we are discussing 'my' language here with this query, apport is a word I have never heard before - and I can find no reference to it's meaning in any dictionary that I have. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what that #1 phrase means?

Thank you for your patience and willingness to explain the 'rules' to me.
I will follow them assiduously - I promise!

Elba
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sorry about my apport word=really:contribute;
One further question - if I may?
YES! OBVIOUSLY, YOU ARE WELCOME, this is FREE forum, and always many thanks to EDMONDO for the efforts about this website!

Best regards, suanj

PS: sometime I say some word in french language! Obviously not intentionally...
Apport/french; apporto/italian; contribute/english. As you can see here anyone can learn from other member!! because here all we are a great family of Italian origin, of Italian blood. Thanks for the correction, I will make more attention in future.

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH