Papa - Barrone Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Papa - Barrone Marriage

Post by sacesta »

This is the marriage record of Camillo Papa and Catarina Barrone, my 4th great grandparents.

I need a little help deciphering the names of the parents and witnesses in this record.

It looks to me like the groom's father's name is Joseph. His mother I'm not so sure about, maybe Francesca someone?

The bride's father appears to be Antonio. Her mother's first name is a mystery to me but it looks like her surname is Sciortino, a name that appears elsewhere in my family tree.

Information about whether the parents are living or not at the time of the marriage would be helpful too.

Could the witnesses be Antonio Adamo and Vita Simone Someone? I'm not familiar with these names, but that's what it looks like to me.

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Papa - Barrone Marriage

Post by erudita74 »

June 3, 1792

Banns on May 13, 17, 26 resulted in no impediments to the marriage

Groom" Carmillo Papa, single, son of dec Giuseppe (Papa) and living Francesca (Romano???). They had been spouses of this town and the parish of St Julian the Martyr.

Bride: Caterina Barone, single, daughter of deceased Antonio (Barone) and dec Maria Sciortino, who were spouses of this town and Mother Church.

Witnesses: Antonio Adamo and Vito ? Vito's surname is not Simone. Look at the surname line 3 from top, last word on the right. That is the surname Simone.

Erudita
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Post by sacesta »

Thanks again Erudita!
Steve
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, Steve.
Erudita