Need help translating Napoleonic Birth Act 1848

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
GeneTree
Rookie
Rookie

Need help translating Napoleonic Birth Act 1848

Post by GeneTree »

I was able to download Atto di Nascita for Chiara COMIGNANI born in 1848 in Silvi, Pescara, IT.
There are two columns of both printed words and written words. I have been trying to translate this in Google Translate and am having trouble with most of the written words and some of the printed words.

I have the basics I hope...
birth 12 March 1848 in Silvi
father Donato Comignani
mother Pasquarosa Vallentini
margin remark: married 24 Aug 1876 DI LISO Camillo in Silvi (DI of DI LISO) is missing.

I couldn't make out the hours of the day and the occupations of the father and mother. Four hours on this was more than I could handle on the computer using possible Italian words that I am not sure of.

I would appreciate any help on this. I have Trafford Cole's book Italian Genealogical Records which helps some.
Attachments
1848 Atto di Nascita Chiara Comignani 12 March Silvi Teramo ff5d512c-593d-4278-ac0d-7f982f317541 resize 30%.jpg
GeneTree
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Need help translating Napoleonic Birth Act 1848

Post by GeneTree »

I saved this as a jpg at 30% of original to get small enough to attach. I hope it is adequate to view.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

GeneTree wrote:I was able to download Atto di Nascita for Chiara COMIGNANI born in 1848 in Silvi, Pescara, IT.

birth 12 March 1848 at 8am in Silvi
father Donato Comignani, 28 years old, fabbricatore (mason)
mother Pasquarosa Vallentini Vallescura, but not sure, 25 yo, peasant
both residents of Silvi
margin remark: married 24 Aug 1876 DI LISO Camillo in Silvi (DI of DI LISO) is missing.

I couldn't make out the hours of the day and the occupations of the father and mother. Four hours on this was more than I could handle on the computer using possible Italian words that I am not sure of.

I would appreciate any help on this. I have Trafford Cole's book Italian Genealogical Records which helps some.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
GeneTree
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GeneTree »

Thank you "Pippo"
I appreciate the additions to the translation.
I was having trouble with the father's occupation and the mother's last name among other things.
Vallentini didn't look right to me which was the name used on Ancestry users photos and downloads where I got the document.
I had so much trouble with the Atto di Nascita that I didn't even try the second column of Indicaziones.
I have since read a small paperback from John Coletto who said the second column included information on the church record of baptism? He had a very similar document for illustration.
Roger "GeneTree"
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Oh, yes! I forgot about it.
At every declaration of Birth, the priest was informed, and then sent it back with info about baptism.
In this case, Chiara was baptized on the same day (12) in the Church of Silvi.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.