Zaccagnini - D'Angelo Connection.....

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Zaccagnini - D'Angelo Connection.....

Post by peonygirl »

I think I found the connection between Maria Valentina Zaccagnini and Domenico D'Angelo - they died 3 months apart. Domenico’s death act follows – Maria’s is to the left of his:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

My translation
IMG#4
11 Apr 1899
Before me, Sindaco Arturo de Pompies appeared Carlo D'Angelo, 41 yr, possidente ( Parson ?), residing in Turrivalignani, and Antonio D'Angelo, 45 yr, possidente, living in Turrivalignani, that on this day in this commune died Domenico D'Angelo, 90 yr, farmer, born and living in Turrivalignani, son of deceased Matteo [D'Angelo] and the deceased Camilla Carruilli. He was widower of Maria Valentina Zaccagnini.
Testimony: Davide Cruchelli, 54 yr, farmer

So this is a daisy loop connection. She was validly married to Domenico; most probably second husband as her first husband Urbano Iezzi died in 1847 when she was fortyish with a 5 year old son, Rocco (my ggf). Maria’s name is noted as Maria Valentini in Rocco’s birth act in 1842, in Urbano’s death act 1847, in Rocco’s marriages (2) in 1864 and then again in 1870.

I cannot find the marriage act of either her marriage to Urbano (c 1830-1841 as Rocco was born 1842 and I have no other siblings for him) or Domenico which would range from 1847 when Urbano died.
Very confusing. The notation on the side of Domenico’s death act – There is an abbreviation and the date 2 May 1899 – is this a burial?
Thanks...Peonygirl :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Zaccagnini - D'Angelo Connection.....

Post by mmogno »

peonygirl wrote: My translation
IMG#4
11 Apr 1899
Before me, Arturo de Pompies Segretario Comunale delegato dal Sindaco appeared Carlo D'Angelo, 41 yr, possidente ( Parson ?), residing in Turrivalignani, and Antonio D'Angelo, 45 yr, possidente, living in Turrivalignani, reporting that on the day before yesterday (ieri l'altro) in this commune died Domenico D'Angelo, 90 yr, farmer, born and living in Turrivalignani, son of deceased Mattia [D'Angelo] and the deceased Camilla Carulli. He was widower of Maria Valentina Zaccagnini.
Testimony: Davide Cicchelli, 54 yr, farmer and Giosuè Rulli, 41 yr, farmer.

The notation on the side of Domenico’s death act – There is an abbreviation and the date 2 May 1899 – is this a burial? No: "V(is)to e verificato in Turrivalignani il 2 maggio 1899. Il Pretore".
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thanks MMogno, so it says, according to my MS Translator - "Viewed and verified in Turrvalignani on 2 May 1899."
The "il pretore" doesn't translate.

Back to the content of the main act, looking at the occupations after the men reporting the death, when I combine "possidente" and domiciled, I get the translation of landowner. Can you clarify this word - did I spell it correctly?

PG
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

peonygirl wrote:Thanks MMogno, so it says, according to my MS Translator - "Viewed and verified in Turrvalignani on 2 May 1899."
The "il pretore" doesn't translate.

The judge (pretore) controlled the registry on 2 May 1889.

Back to the content of the main act, looking at the occupations after the men reporting the death, when I combine "possidente" and domiciled, I get the translation of landowner. Can you clarify this word - did I spell it correctly?

I think so.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

OK, so can you tell what it means?
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

A judge controlled periodically that the civil status registers are compiled regularly, in accordance with the law.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

On Maria's death act it states that she was born in San Valentino. Since marriages usually took place in the town of the bride, I would search there for her marriage to Urbano.

T.

That would be San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore, comune of San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore, Pescara, Abruzzo

Edit to add...

Here is marriage (#5) in 1835 in San Valentino of Urbano Iezzi and Maria Valentina Zaccagnini.
Urban was born in Manoppello, and was residing in Turrivalignani
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Thank you so much Tessa!!!!! Here's my best shot at translating....

IMG#22, Record#5
23 Jan 1835 – San Valentino, Italy
Sindaco Donato Antonio Votanio, Mayor of San Valentino, District of Chieti, appeared before me Urbano Iezzi, 29 yr, farmer, born in Manoppello and living in Turrivalignani, son of Bartolomeo Iezzi, 77 yr farmer, and Agata Pardi, 70 yr farmer, from ? living in the above-mentioned [town] with their son, give consent to the marriage with Maria Valentina Zaccagnini.

PG2
Maria Valentina Zaccagnini, 27 yr farmer, born in San Valentino, daughter of Paolino [Zaccagnini] 70 yr, and Maddalena Morzella, 74 yr farmer, living with their daughter in this commune, give consent to the marriage to Urbano Iezzi.

PG3
Birth certificate of the bride is in Part 2; Iezzi certificate of birth in the Stato Civle records in Turrivalignani….in 2 December last with which….

I was not able to translate the side note about the parish in which the marriage took place and page 3 was a bit sketchy. Was I correct in that both Urbano and Maria were living with their parents or is that just a stock phrase?

If you could please correct or add to this translation, I would appreciate it. I still have a long way to go....
Peonygirl :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

One more please. I think I found Maria Z's birth record. I would really appreciate it if someone can verify that the information is correct. I had thought that her mother was Domenica Ceccomancini, but apparently this is not the case. Here is what I found:

Birth Act for Maria Valentina Zaccagnini –

IMG#46 – Rec#44
4 Jul 1809 – San Valentino -
Before me, Mayor of San Valentino, appeared Paolino Zaccagnini, farmer, age 45, living in the Way of Sn Donato, #340, presenting a baby girl, born of his legimate wife, Maddalena, daughter of Crescanzo diGiambattista Morzella, farmer. The baby was born on the 3rd of July, with the name Marisiana Donata Valentina [Zaccagnini] and was baptized on the same day.
Thank you!!! Peonygirl :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

peonygirl wrote:Thank you so much Tessa!!!!! Here's my best shot at translating....

IMG#22, Record#5
23 Jan 1835 – San Valentino, Italy
Sindaco Donato Antonio Votanio, Mayor of San Valentino, District of Chieti, appeared before me Urbano Iezzi, 29 yr, farmer, born in Manoppello and living in Turrivalignani, son of Bartolomeo Iezzi, 77 yr farmer, and Agata Pardi, 70 yr farmer, here present, residing in the above-mentioned [town] with their son, give consent to the marriage with Maria Valentina Zaccagnini.

PG2
Maria Valentina Zaccagnini, 27 yr farmer, born in San Valentino, daughter of Pelino [Zaccagnini] 70 yr, and Maddalena Morsella, 64 yr farmer, living with their daughter in this commune, give consent to the marriage to Urbano Iezzi.

PG3
The notification of this solemn promise of marriage was posted on the door of the town office in San Valentino on 9 November last, and also affixed to town office door in Turrivalignani on the same day.

Page 4 gives the list of records provided by the couple.
1 - the birth act of the groom
2 - the birth act of the bride
3 - the certificate from Turrivalignani (2 December) showing no opposition to the marriage
4 - the cetificate of no opposition from this town (San Valentino)

Page 6 - list of witnesses to the record
Don Tommaso Martirani, 48, proprietor residing in San Valentino
Don Giuseppe Donati, 29, proprietor residing in this town
Valentino Natarelli, 59, farmer residing in this place
Camillo Marchetti, 46, farmer residing here.

It then states who signed (all except the bride and the parents).

I was not able to translate the side note about the parish in which the marriage took place and page 3 was a bit sketchy.
The celebration of marriage in the church was on 29 January at the Church of San Donato.
Witnesses to the church marriage: Nicola Morsella and Valentino Zaccagnini

Was I correct in that both Urbano and Maria were living with their parents or is that just a stock phrase? Yes, you are correct.

If you could please correct or add to this translation, I would appreciate it. I still have a long way to go....
Peonygirl :D
T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

peonygirl wrote:One more please. I think I found Maria Z's birth record. I would really appreciate it if someone can verify that the information is correct. I had thought that her mother was Domenica Ceccomancini, but apparently this is not the case. Here is what I found:

Birth Act for Maria Valentina Zaccagnini –

IMG#46 – Rec#44
4 Jul 1809 – San Valentino -
Before me, Mayor of San Valentino, appeared Pelino Zaccagnini, [son of Niccolò], farmer, age 45, living on the street in the District of San Donato, #340, presenting a baby girl, born of his legimate wife, Maddalena, daughter of Crescenzo diGiambattista Morsella, farmer. The baby was born on the 3rd of July, at 1 AM, and given the name Mariziana Donata Valentina [Zaccagnini] and was baptized on the same day.
Thank you!!! Peonygirl :D
T.
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

Great! Thank you so much Tessa - I sound like a broken record, but you have really helped me so much!!!
You are the best!!! PG :D
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by peonygirl »

I found the death act for Maddalena Morsella; she died 26 Oct 1844. We have the father's name, but I cannot make out the mother's name.

......it says ..... Maddalena Morsella, born in this commune, age 80, daughter of the deceased Cressanzo Morsella, farmer and the deceased (what looks like) Angioli de Fengo, farmer, widow of the deceased Pelino Zaccagnini.

The beginning part is pretty clear -- wondering if anyone can tell what her Mother's name might be....I did find a Crescenzo Morsella married to an Angela di Eugenio on FS in the record of Camillo Morsella's death

Name: Camillo Morsella
Burial Date:
Burial Place:
Death Date: 18 Jun 1848
Death Place: Abbateggio, Pescara, Italy
Birth Date: 1788
Birthplace: San Valentino
Race:
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Marianna Mastro Di Casa
Father's Name: Crescenzo Morsella
Father's Birthplace: San Valentino
Mother's Name: Angela Di Eugenio
Mother's Birthplace:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B84134-7
System Origin: Italy-EASy
GS Film number: 1225646
Reference ID: yr 1848 rn 9

Citing this Record:
"Italia, Morti e Sepolture, 1809-1900," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XRB3-WGH : 4 December 2014), Crescenzo Morsella in entry for Camillo Morsella, 18 Jun 1848; citing Abbateggio, Pescara, Italy, reference yr 1848 rn 9; FHL microfilm 1,225,646.

Could be a possibility -- thanks for looking and being a second set of eyes... PG
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Mother's given name is Angiola.

The surname looks like Del Iengo - but I only find Iengo (that is a capital "i" a the beginning)

BTW - the father's given name is Crescenzo. :-)

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

peonygirl wrote:I found the death act for Maddalena Morsella; she died 26 Oct 1844. We have the father's name, but I cannot make out the mother's name.

......it says ..... Maddalena Morsella, born in this commune, age 80, daughter of the deceased Crescenzo (in the record it is spelled as Cresenzo) Morsella, farmer and the deceased (what looks like) Angiola del T(?)engo, farmer, widow of the deceased Pelino Zaccagnini.

The beginning part is pretty clear -- wondering if anyone can tell what her Mother's name might be....Thank you PG