Translating an old birth record.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rgarrey

Translating an old birth record.

Post by rgarrey »

I am looking for help translating a birth record from 1870. I am looking for the record of Antonia Iamaio to be translated. I can make out some words but the handwriting is very hard to read.

Thank you
Rick
Attachments
Antonia Iamaio 1870 (Grandpa's sister).jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translating an old birth record.

Post by erudita74 »

Dated Jan 17, 1870 at 9 a.m. in Baranello
Appearing was Crescenzo Iamaio, age 31, a peasant, son of Giuseppe Iamaio. He reported that, on Jan 15th at 10 a.m., his wife, Cristina Muttillo (daughter of Gennaro Muttillo) gave birth to their daughter Antonia.

The notation in the marriage indicates that Antonia married Antonio Niro in Baranello on Dec 3, 1891. Here's a copy of the marriage record

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

The groom Antonio Niro, was age 18 completed-(he had already had his 18th birthday), never before married, a peasant born and living in Baranella. He was the son of Giambattista Niro and Cristina Colagiovanni.

Antonia Iamaio was age 22, also never before married, and the daughter of deceased Crescenzo Iamaio and deceased Cristina Muttillo who had lived in the town when they were alive.

Marriage publications were on Nov 22nd and 29th. The groom's parents gave their consent to the marriage.
rgarrey

Post by rgarrey »

Thank you for the translation! And sorry for the late response. I just got back from visiting the hometown of Baranello in Italy and having all the information from these online records was great.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

How exciting to have had an opportunity to visit the town! You're very welcome for the help.
Erudita