Looking for Raphella D'Onofrio in Caserta (living)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sammie

Looking for Raphella D'Onofrio in Caserta (living)

Post by Sammie »

Hell everyone...new to this site...so glad i have found it :D

My mother is getting old she is 84..and I want to find her cousin's daughter.
From what I understand her name is Raphellia (spelling...sorry :? ) D'Onofrio she married Piero or Petro, last name i don't know.

My grandfather was from Caserta Baia E latina and so was she. I do not have any addresses or phone numbers, but I do know that she is there somewhere.
I am also interested in the Gianfrancesco name (grandfather) She Raphellia is also related to Gianfrancesco.
I understand that looking for ancestors can be a very long process and i might not find her for years....would anyone one know another way to find a living relitive in Naples Caserta?? I am up for any suggestions...

I am in Montreal Canada and will be more that willing to help anyone who is in need of finding anyone here..

Thank you so much for your time...
Sammie
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Raphella D'Onofrio in Caserta (living)

Post by mfjp »

Hi Sammie,

The Italian White Pages...

Where it says "Cognome" just put in a surname of interest....

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

Hope this helps some...

mfjp
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Sammie wrote:Hell everyone...new to this site...so glad i have found it :D

From what I understand her name is Raphellia (spelling...sorry :? ) D'Onofrio she married Piero or Petro, last name i don't know.

My grandfather was from Caserta Baia E latina and so was she. I do not have any addresses or phone numbers, but I do know that she is there somewhere.
I am also interested in the Gianfrancesco name (grandfather) She Raphellia is also related to Gianfrancesco.
I understand that looking for ancestors can be a very long process and i might not find her for years....would anyone one know another way to find a living relitive in Naples Caserta?? I am up for any suggestions...

I am in Montreal Canada and will be more that willing to help anyone who is in need of finding anyone here..

Sammie
Hi Sammie,

mfpj I hope you don't mind me making a comment on this thread?

It's just that I noticed that Sammie said that:

" Raphellia (spelling...sorry :? ) D'Onofrio she married Piero or Petro, last name i don't know. "

Of course married ladies like Rafaella (?) in Italy do retain their own (maiden) surnames for all legal purposes - however the telephones in thier homes are usually listed in the name of their husband. Of course this does not mean that there may not be a few exceptions to this - but it will be rare.
So if Sammie does a search in the Pagine Bianche (White Pages), she may not find any listing in her search under the lady's maiden name. The key will probably be in the husbands surname.

Just tell me to 'go away' if you feel I have interfered unnecessarily here!

Elba
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

elba wrote:
Sammie wrote:Hell everyone...new to this site...so glad i have found it :D

Sammie
Hi Sammie,

mfpj I hope you don't mind me making a comment on this thread?

It's just that I noticed that Sammie said that:

" Raphellia (spelling...sorry :? ) D'Onofrio she married Piero or Petro, last name i don't know. "

Of course married ladies like Rafaella (?) in Italy do retain their own (maiden) surnames for all legal purposes - however the telephones in thier homes are usually listed in the name of their husband. Of course this does not mean that there may not be a few exceptions to this - but it will be rare.
So if Sammie does a search in the Pagine Bianche (White Pages), she may not find any listing in her search under the lady's maiden name. The key will probably be in the husbands surname.

Just tell me to 'go away' if you feel I have interfered unnecessarily here!

Elba
I just gave her the Italian white pages... just so she could look up (as an example) D'Onofrio people in Italy in Caserta... or any other person she felt like... since she didn't have a source for phone numbers and addresses...

Sorry Sammie... maybe I should have explained myself better... as to why I linked the White Pages...

If someone reads your post... and offers you a surname... you can use the White Pages "Pagine Bianche" that I linked for you... to look people up...

m f j p
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

mfjb....elba...thank you both for the help..I will look in the white pages...

Just wish I knew her husbands name....maybe if I am lucky she will be divorced and have the number back in her name....loll

Thanks again and I will let you know if I find her 8) ..

I tried to post a picture of her but it was to big...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Sammie, you can write a letter to D'Onofrio in Baia e Latina and you must explane that you are a parent of D'ONOFRIO Raffaella married to Pietro... and that you don't know the husband surname.. that Raffaella perhaps still living ... this is the only chance for the success and to hope that someone reply you... also you can send a email to Antonio Landolfi in Baia e Latina that it have this website
http://web.tiscali.it/alandolfi/ ( landolfiantonio @ tiscali.it the email) and you can ask the help.. and you send also the picture so he can see.... I think that he know the english language and I hope that he will reply you....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
coqui2314

Post by coqui2314 »

Sammie, the years don't make too much sense but here is what I have.
Pietro D'Onofrio di Resta From Sessa Aurunca, Caserta married Raffaela Di Paolo in 1888. From 1890 to 1895 they lived in Patterson, NJ and Richmond, VA. In 1897 they moved to Peru and Pietro became rich making Ice Cream (the D'Onofrio brand is very popular there).
My grandfather, Pietro D'Onofrio Mazzeo was Pietro D'Onofrio di Resta's nephew. Most of their descedands live in Peru.

Hope it helps

Jorge Villegas
Miramar, FL
cqcoq2@aol.com
coqui2314

Post by coqui2314 »

Sammie, the years don't make too much sense but here is what I have.
Pietro D'Onofrio di Resta From Sessa Aurunca, Caserta married Raffaela Di Paolo in 1888. From 1890 to 1895 they lived in Patterson, NJ and Richmond, VA. In 1897 they moved to Peru and Pietro became rich making Ice Cream (the D'Onofrio brand is very popular there).
My grandfather, Pietro D'Onofrio Mazzeo was Pietro D'Onofrio di Resta's nephew. Most of their descedands live in Peru.

Hope it helps

Jorge Villegas
Miramar, FL
cqcoq2@aol.com
rdimuccio

Post by rdimuccio »

Hi,

My family is also from Baia e Latina, I have been there many times and know lots of people there very well including relatives and good friends. The nice lady that looks after the birth, death and marriage records there (Angela Maria Schettino) is a good friend of mine. Anyway, if you haven't already gotten answers to your original questions, I'm sure I could help you. Feel free to contact me directly at rdimuccio2001@yahoo.com.

Otherwise, buona fortuna!