Need help obtaining 2 Italian Birth Certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
b.m23242

Need help obtaining 2 Italian Birth Certificates

Post by b.m23242 »

Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for Dual citizenship with Italy through Jure Sanguinis ("by descent"). My appointment is on January, 10th, 2017. So i have a little over 3 months before the appointment to recieve these 2 birth certificates. I have already collected all of my united states documents. All i need to do for those is get appostilles and translations. What i am really worried about are these two italian certificates.

I need to gather my Great Great Grandfather and Grandmother's birth certificates from Italy. I have already placed orders for these certificates through 2 different services just to be safe (ICGS and MyItalianFamily). However I found out the hard way, that ICGS was very a unreliable service. They said they had 'found' my GGGF's certificate and "delivered it to me", but i never received it. And for MyItalianFamily, i still do not know what will happen with that service.

So at this point, I cannot take any chances. It is basically up to me to contact the two italian communes directly and send my request for the two birth certificates. The problem is that i have no idea how to do this. Would you guys be able to help me?

These are the two communes I need to contact to get 2 CERTIFIED COPIES of My GGGF and GGGM's birth records:

Alessandria Della Rocca, Italy
and
Santo Stefano Quisquina, Italy

Thank you in advance!

-Brandon
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need help obtaining 2 Italian Birth Certificates

Post by Tessa78 »

Write a letter of request in Italian (helpful link follows) and include a photo ID, your email address and no money.
Be sure to ask for a Certified copy.
Here are the addresses:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Roma, 147
92020 Santo Stefano Quisquina (AG)
ITALY

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Umberto, 60
92010 Alessandria della Rocca (AG)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.
b.m23242

Post by b.m23242 »

Tessa,

Thank you for replying. Just to confirm, did you actually say "no money"??

Why no money? I would assume these communes would charge something for the certificates I am requesting, right?

Thanks in advance,

-brandon
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Brandon,
The records are free. However, (the purpose for your email) they may need to contact you if they need payment for copying, mailing, etc.
Most comuni do not charge anything :-)
T.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Comune di Alessandria della Rocca
Servizi Demografici:
alessandriaroccaanagrafe@virgilio.it

Comune di Santo Stefano Quisquina
Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile:
servizi-demografici@comune.santostefanoquisquina.ag.it
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Qliner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Qliner »

If you continue to have trouble, you can contact Luigi Paiano, a lawyer in Italy, used by many people in this forum (I use him). He also does vital records work for people. He obtained my mother's birth certificate from her comune for me. www.luigipaiano.com
b.m23242

Post by b.m23242 »

This is very helpful! Thank you!