Lost Petti in New York

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pier82m

Lost Petti in New York

Post by Pier82m »

HI! I'm from Rome. My surname is Petti. My family is from Oratino, Campobasso. In 1920 the uncle of my father leave Oratino and go to New York. His name was Filippo Petti, but he died at 50. He had 3 songs, Liberata, Domenico and Antimo. Antimo finish the college in 1946. I'm looking for this songs or others parents with the surname Petti.
My name is Pierpaolo Petti and my father name is Domenico Petti.

I hope somebody can help me.

Bye

(sorry for my very baaaaaaaad english!! :? )
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lost Petti in New York

Post by VaDeb »

Hi,

From Ellis Island
Arrived April 3, 1920
Fillipo Petti, age 16 years, shoemaker, From Oratino
Nearest Relative in Italy is mother Liberata
Final Destination: New York
Going to: Uncle Giovanni Petti 29 1-2 East Blackwell Street, Dover

Also traveling with him was Domenico Petti, age 41. laborer, nearest relative in Italy is wife Liberata. Final Destination New York to cousin Giovanni Petti at 169 Bleak St. NY

Hope this helps
Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi,

I found another entry:
Feb. 9, 1921
Filippo Petti, age 17, shoemaker, from Oratino, nearest relative in Italy is father Domenico Petti, Final destination was Cleveland, Ohio to uncle Donato Petto, 15705 Hollday Ave

Hope this helps.
Debbie
Pier82m

Post by Pier82m »

Yes, was him that go in new york and in Cleaveland. His parents was my ggm and ggf. I think nobody knows Filippo Petti's relatives and other Petti living now in America, isn't it?
I hope some american Petti read this forum :D

Thanks for help
:wink:
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi,
If you can give me some more details I will look for Filippo Petti in the 1930 census.
What was the name of Filippo's wife?
What state did he die in?
Did he stay in Ohio?
What year were his children born?

Any of these details will help identify him and his family on the census.

Debbie
Pier82m

Post by Pier82m »

So. I know that his wife name was Luisa Romano, I know he died between 1946 and 1950 and so all the songs of him named Liberata, Domenico, Antimo (all with the surname of Petti of course) must be born before the 1946 and after the 1928 (date of marriage between Filippo and Luisa).
If you can help me to find this songs or others relative I'll be glad to you.
Bye
mercedesjay

Post by mercedesjay »

I am descended from the Petti family of Roccaspromonte (Campobasso). My ancestor is Maria Vittoria Petti (born 1859) who married Antonio Lombardi. She was the daughter of Donatantonio Petti (born 1831) and Carmelia D'Onofrio. Do you have family there and could there be a connection? I know this post is a little old but I just found this website and am amazed at the wealth of information contained here. mercedesjay.
Have been researching family for more than a decade in the provinces of Campobasso and Frosinone.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Hi Pierpaolo - I hope this posting reaches you because I've lost your e-mail address due to a hard drive crash. I'll be visiting Oratino during June and was wondering if you might be in the vicinity at that time. I'll only be passing thru Roma on my way to and from the airport and the train station. All total, I'll be in the Campobasso area for a week - 15 JUN to 22 JUN. I wanted to see i Misteri.

il tuo cugino
Giovanni
John Armellino